2 (2.6%)
Grappling Hooks (Naval)
7 (9%)
Class Limits in Private Servers
5 (6.4%)
Progression System (+Level UP)
8 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: [POLL] The Community's Popular Suggestions Thread ~ Updated: 1st May  (Read 2094 times)

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: [POLL] The Community's Popular Suggestions Thread ~ Updated: 25th April
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2018, 08:33:17 pm »
For me the two things I would really like to see are cavalry and mobile artillery, mostly cavalry though. Not sure how well these things would work in public games but for the events they would add quite a bit to the game.

Hi chap!

Mobile Artillery and Cavalry are already confirmed on the Holdfast Development Roadmap - so I won't be adding them to this thread, but they are coming to the game at some point or another! :D

Offline rubadubdub

• Petty Officer
  • If You Want A Thing Done Well, Do It Yourself
  • Nick: rub
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2018, 09:38:03 pm »
Bump this badboy
If You Want A Thing Done Well, Do It Yourself - Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline J. Campbell

• Standing Officer
  • Lieutenant Colonel, 74th Campbell Highlanders
  • Nick: John Campbell
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 07:00:43 am »
bump, character customization is above all else atm via poll stats. I really hope my coming forward has also influenced others to do so, Refleax and his team won't know what we want unless we bug the fuck out of them on the forums <3

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 06:08:54 pm »
bump, character customization is above all else atm via poll stats. I really hope my coming forward has also influenced others to do so, Refleax and his team won't know what we want unless we bug the fuck out of them on the forums <3

True! They also have to do what they think is right for the game too though. Ultimately it's their vision.

Also consider selection bias, many of the games core audience aren't active on the forums.

Offline J. Campbell

• Standing Officer
  • Lieutenant Colonel, 74th Campbell Highlanders
  • Nick: John Campbell
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2018, 07:10:29 pm »

True! They also have to do what they think is right for the game too though. Ultimately it's their vision.

Also consider selection bias, many of the games core audience aren't active on the forums.
It's the responsibility of the ones active on the forums to relay messages between active forums and active devs. So far so good, VOIP makes shit so much easier to do so.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
Reference to a new UI/team balance changes as well as changes to the flag and rifles:

Regarding flag melee:

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
Reference to a new UI/team balance changes as well as changes to the flag and rifles:

Regarding flag melee:

Updated, thank you Jean!

Offline Nr.9 Noble

• Server Administrator
  • Able Seaman
  • Good day to you!
  • Faction: Prussia
Re: [POLL] The Community's Popular Suggestions Thread ~ Updated: 1st May
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2018, 07:24:26 pm »
I don't understand the want for character customization as personally I would much rather see core game play mechanics refined and implemented first.

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2018, 07:40:43 pm »
I don't understand the want for character customization as personally I would much rather see core game play mechanics refined and implemented first.
Absolutely.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2018, 06:03:00 am »
Absolutely.

+1

Offline Athalos

• Petty Officer
  • Fusilier - 51st Regiment of Foot
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2018, 08:56:49 am »

Makes you feel more unique while playing the game,identify individuals in your reg etc.Sounds like there is no need for that (at least for now) but it could make the game more refreshing.I would love it tbh
"When I lost my rifle, the Army charged me 85 dollars. That is why in the Navy the Captain goes down with the ship."

Offline Marquis de Lafayette

• Petty Officer
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 12:31:15 pm »
Might be a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but I'd love to have a better control over keybinds. Right now I don't have the option to change the [3] keybind where I equip my sword, for example - it's the kind of key you spam when a sudden melee situation appears, so I'd like to have it on an accessible key of my own choosing. Also, the option to assign more voicelines to different keys would be nice, instead of having to scroll through that massive list of voicelines in the midst of battle. 

Also, on the topic of melee, I believe a slower reload speed is really required when moving - for all classes. It'll encourage players to take the melee fight in a 1v1 when someone is charging, instead of slowly backing up while reloading, only to shoot the other guy when he's 2 meters away from stabbing you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:40:37 pm by Marquis de Lafayette »

Online Starblazer

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Admin for the HCL. JOIN THE 63e!
  • Nick: 63e_Sgt_Star
Re: A Collective List of Popular Suggestions
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 03:14:05 pm »
I have also suggested that their be lines added to the minimap to denote the edge of the map. I have seen regiments get REALLY tangled up on the snowy maps because they group by the edge of the map.

Also, whoever is at the helm of a ship in naval should get assists like the flag bearer. Would also love to see points for sinking a ship.
Tbh all of this was slept on. I think naval needs some work as well, but the map edges are really undefined. People just kinda run towards a side until they realize that the map edge is actually closer than they think.

Would be really nice with a map editor/maker
Also this. Would definitely spice up private servers.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:18:13 pm by Starblazer »
ESEKEEEIIITTTT