Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Riflemen Nerf (remove reload while moving)  (Read 289 times)

Offline [BF_Rgt] Admiral Women Docter

• Regiment Leaders
  • Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Women Doctor
Riflemen Nerf (remove reload while moving)
« on: May 06, 2018, 06:20:08 pm »
Riflemen should be nerfed by taking away the ability to reload while moving. It doesn't sound like a big nerf but it would vastly change how to riflemen are played. Riflemen would be less mobile and at a disadvantage at close encounters. The riflemen will find themselves falling behind when trying to push forward having to wait longer to reload in order to find cover. The riflemen that hide and snipe from long ranges would almost be unaffected. You would see riflemen start is disappear to 20-60 meters which is where they are truly awful to deal with. Riflemen would become a sniper class and not a super musket man.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 06:22:40 pm by [89e] LT Women Doctor »

Online Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Purser
  • Official Server Administrator
    • 1st KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Bailey
Re: Riflemen Nerf (remove reload while moving)
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 06:30:03 pm »
This is the planned change to Riflemen, posted 31st December - to my knowledge, hasn't been implemented yet.

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: Riflemen Nerf (remove reload while moving)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 06:46:41 pm »
This is the planned change to Riflemen, posted 31st December - to my knowledge, hasn't been implemented yet.

Yup, we have only reduced the rifleman slots from 10 to 6 in one of our previous game updates.

I'd like to look into that when we're re-designing the class system. We need to integrate the new User Interface before we do that, however otherwise players will not know the difference between classes.

You can look at the developer blog series we released before the game was launched on Early Access for more on the re-design.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord