Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Attention NW players.  (Read 796 times)

Offline Native Player Stezz

• Landsman
  • i use a warspear so i must be good
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Outlaw Footman
Attention NW players.
« on: July 02, 2017, 03:33:30 am »
Napoleonic Wars, what has it come to now?
From the ancient age of Mount and Musket, only a few will remembered that name by now.
Many old players have passed on from the dawning days that was the first release of the DLC that is known as NW.  It is 2017 since this post, and many can agree on that the names of the once mighty ''Australian Gaming Syndicate'' and ''United Oceanic Gaming'' have faded to dust.

As you may bloody know, Holdfast will be taking the Oceanic NW community by storm once it releases. No doubt it would be a game that is revolutionary compared to this old TaleWorlds artisan-quality DLC that has gathered rust by now. This will mean that the now decayed state of NW Australia will cease. It will be a time to rejoice, as it will herald a new age in Australian historical gaming.

As you know, the current state of NW is fucking gay at the moment. Long-gone has the immaculate quality of the olden communities, but now we are left with a husk of its former self.
 • The competitive scene is pretty much in the last stages of cancer by now - e.g. the lack of any organized tournaments as of recent due to the mindset of this community which is virtually untouched by native.
 • The air of chivalry and good sportsmanship is far from a fucking fresh corpse. Right now there's only bones in the grave left and there has been a constant stream of conflict and hostility between regiments and groups. Hell, we even have fucking DDOSing that is a day-to-day basis almost.
 • Pride and hostility makes a bad concoction. Virtually everyone in this community has ignorantly and fanatically defended their regiment's cons and shit-talking is on a huge fucking scale on a day to day basis.
 • There has been a decline in skill, which is like degeneration from our forefathers of the Australian Mount & Blade. Considering this game is based all about skill through melee and teamwork, it's pretty sad to see the lack of tradition with a lot of NW players as of now.

When Holdfast comes out, no doubt older players will come back aswell as new players come in. It's a refreshing experience and it is a new experience respectively, and we must change the cancerous NW community this is at the moment. We need to cater to the new blood and the veterans of the game.
Holdfast will be the only opportunity that we have to radically change for the best.
Are you willing to set aside your pitiful personalities and regimental feuds for the best?

500g or die

Offline Pompous Maori

• Petty Officer
  • 51e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Pompee
Re: Attention NW players.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 03:44:04 am »
*insert regiment leaders coming to their senses and crying they will reform and we should get over this petty infighting*

I wish it were the case but we will realistically need a fuck ton of work. I know that I personally shit talk other regiments and I'm not denying that. However, while it might have been fun and harmless at first people now make tasteless attacks on someone - be that their regiment or personal lives. I hope we can mend it but until people can distinguish the difference between good banter and tasteless insulting nothing will change

Offline Bravo

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 09:08:00 am »
With a fresh player base it will be easier to not tolerate the behavior that does go on in NW weekend matches.
Ban sticks and the like.

10/10 think it can't be clinical. Banter is what most oceanic communities are based on but there is a line and it would be good to see Reg leaders, leading by example and stomping the crap that goes too far.

Offline Xaime

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Veteran of Warband and the OE Competitive scene.
  • Nick: Xaimo
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 02:50:06 pm »
-
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:42:04 pm by Xaime »

Captain Xaime of the 22nd Foot

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 02:51:18 pm »
The 1stRVR wishes that all regiments no matter past experiences or prejudices have no connotations when joining this new community. I think we should work together as a unified Oceania, we should leave communities like Boomerang Gaming behind us and instead opt for regimental ran events like our North American Step Cousins.

Xaime and I have been also communicating, us being the two largest OC regiments at this current time and we believe that the cancer and bullshit in Australian NW will not be acceptable into this breath of new air. As we run events, we believe new rules will come to place in our events which include:

No bullshit or shit talking in chat.
No trolls welcomed to the events.
No regiments like the Santas or iHateThisGame are welcomed either.

Lets fuck the politics off in-game. I simply dont care what you blokes gripe about outside of it. 1stRVR will have a No Bullshit Policy, any fuckery isn't allowed. I think you're addressing the issues in the community that need to be fixed Native and we should all come together to fix it, with the new breath of potential players we can have the ability to fuck off the regiments that are causing the unrest within the community.

I'm hoping to work with all you blokes to make OC Great again

- Jackson
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:53:13 pm by Exodus »

Offline MOV_HIKKUPZ

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 10th Royal Marines recruiting add MOV_HIKKUPZ
    • steam.com
  • Nick: 10thRM_HIKKUPZ
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 03:04:56 pm »
10th Royal Marines is turning 5 years oldest active international Oceanic Regiment 14th July 2017. I admire you guys newest endeavours/reskins/rebands of disbands and the like. All this means nothing as there's going to be new factions rise that have no allegiance to the current ailing hosts in NW Oceania [let alone tabs on how many mods, FSE forum posts/ Failed regiments or number of communities 2 of the guys here posting have made].

Theres a grand possible future for new communities to rise whilst the kidults here posting & old hands/hosts such as my self stand their usual ground and or continue their dismal Napoleonic warband paths of new regiments,disbands,failed mergers and the usual backstabbery as I see in the 6th anniversary in 2018.

History repeats itself somehow 10th Royal Marines is still here watching you all on this new forum.

[PS Hi 41stROF Jakester : xoxox]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:07:47 pm by MOV_HIKKUPZ »

Offline Truth

• Board Moderator
  • Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 03:12:14 pm »
Well lets hope none of this NW mess follows over to holdfast because I personally would like to enjoy this game. If you guys want to start planning ahead with events please post event times and dates on the section that has been pinned on the Oceanic Forum.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:14:47 pm by Truth »

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 03:15:28 pm »
10th Royal Marines is turning 5 years oldest active international Oceanic Regiment 14th July 2017. I admire you guys newest endeavours/reskins/rebands of disbands and the like. All this means nothing as there's going to be new factions rise that have no allegiance to the current ailing hosts in NW Oceania [let alone tabs on how many mods, FSE forum posts/ Failed regiments or number of communities 2 of the guys here posting have made].

Theres a grand possible future for new communities to rise whilst the kidults here posting & old hands/hosts such as my self stand their usual ground and or continue their dismal Napoleonic warband paths of new regiments,disbands,failed mergers and the usual backstabbery as I see in the 6th anniversary in 2018.

History repeats itself somehow 10th Royal Marines is still here watching you all on this new forum.

Hikkupz, I struggle to read what you say sometimes  ???  ;D <3

Nah but seriously mate, after 6 years my friend why don't we leave NW behind us? It's time to be fresh. It's the cure for cancer, a new beginning. It doesn't need to repeat itself if you help not let it ;)

Offline Xaime

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 03:22:33 pm »

Not going to start a flame war but let's just say most of what you say is just "silly" and "pathetic" to put it nicely. You can't let go of anything in the past and hold it to every player, community owner or leader. You also refuse to admit that the 10thRM and MOV have been and still are the lowest of the low within the community; whether that be unprofessional events to being an unprofessional regiment.

People such as yourself always referring to the past to boost your own ego and not the present+future is what will keep this community in a hole that it can't come out of. Holdfast is many ways will be a fresh start to build something new and better for this community, if you want to hang onto the past then you may aswell stay in the past (NW).

Offline Truth

• Board Moderator
  • Surgeon
  • A true champion will fight through anything!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 03:25:48 pm »
"Not going to start a flame war" That was gunshots...

Offline MOV_HIKKUPZ

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 10th Royal Marines recruiting add MOV_HIKKUPZ
    • steam.com
  • Nick: 10thRM_HIKKUPZ
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 03:27:19 pm »
looking forward to Xaimes many mods regiments mergers disbands rebands and the like on the new game Truth.  [Counter Battery Fire @ his flames of rage]

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 03:32:55 pm »
looking forward to Xaimes many mods regiments mergers disbands rebands and the like on the new game Truth.  [Counter Battery Fire @ his flames of rage]

To be fair, you did just have a stab at Xaime and I, that's how he might of took it mate but let's maybe move away from this. There's no use carrying this shit out on the forums, please add each other on steam or become angry pen pals and we can clear it all up :D

Offline Xaime

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:42 pm »
You can keep saying what you want Hikkupz, you're so dense, realistically you're apart of the problem with the community currently.

I'm not going to spam this post anymore with an argument with someone that can never change his opinion/hate regardless of facts or the present. If he wants to continue this "hatred" from 2014 then he's more than welcome to bitch to me about it via steam.

/End. More than willing to take this to steam messages if you feel the need Hikkupz. I don't want to continue spamming this post with replies to your stuff.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 05:56:43 pm by Xaime »

Offline Marshal LongTree

• Master's Mate
  • Lieutenant Longtree
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2017, 03:46:51 pm »
We if you kunts weren't all leaches and had more independent regiments maybe a regiment could stay alive more than 2 weeks cough cough BG kids

Offline Adolphus

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2017, 04:50:24 pm »
I agree with what you've posted on the thread, Stezz. Part of the biggest reason myself and other organizers at OE don't fully dedicate ourselves to the maximum quality of events possible is because of the increasingly toxic nature of the AU community. The opposite to appreciation for events when they're prepared and coordinated well is seriously undermining much of our desire to want to put in this effort, so yes, I agree that this is something that needs to change.

As a result of this post, despite the cynical comments that might come from this, Oceanic Events will be enforcing the following rule at our events:
'Do not go out of your way during events to personally attack other players or regiments. Toxicity is better left to private chats, we aren't a medium for you to voice your hatred against others. Warnings upwards to permanent suspensions will be handed out for consistant toxicity, we're here to play the game.'

I believe this needs to be done, in the interest of having a clean and fun-to-be-around community when the Napoleonic Wars community inevitably hops over to Holdfast. In terms of the rest of you at eachothers throats in the posts above, this is the sort of stuff that just cant fly. If we're to want a stable oceanic holdfast going forward it'll be important to just put aside past grudges and start organizing what plan we have for jumping over - so that it works out for everyone.