Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 16 - Guards & Riflemen. The chosen elite  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: Developer Blog 16 - Guards & Riflemen. The chosen elite
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2017, 08:37:10 pm »
So logically then if bleeding isn't a thing that means that doctors either can revive a dying soldier or are just a pointless fluff class?

The role of the Surgeon right now is to heal other players. We have also been considering giving them the ability to revive other players but before we take any major decisions on this, I would like to consult the community.

We have something big planned for this Saturday! But what could it be? Stay tuned.

Facebook Post

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2017, 10:12:20 pm »
revive and heal but with permanent penalties

Offline Bobmarley

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Leader of the 75th highlanders and conservative
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Colin Barrett
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2017, 11:14:02 pm »
Thing with surgeons being able to revive people is balancing it for example them only being able to do it once per life for example...

in my opinion i would just keep it to healing and not deal with the balancing with revivals
I find ur lack of capitalism disturbing - Bob

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2017, 01:18:04 am »
I am okay with revives being limited to some sort of very hard to replenish item.

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2017, 11:07:03 am »
You should be able to be revived a total of four times, but each revival comes with the amputation of a limb.

Offline Jack

• Acting Lieutenant
  • 27th | Lieutenant
    • 27th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Isaac Mason
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2017, 11:18:55 am »
Thing with surgeons being able to revive people is balancing it for example them only being able to do it once per life for example...

in my opinion i would just keep it to healing and not deal with the balancing with revivals
Agreed, I think adding in the option to revive would just cause issues with people able to come back to life and kill you, knowing that you just wiped that line out, Unless some sort of deal can be made where it's much fairer.

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2017, 11:21:07 am »
You should be able to be revived a total of four times, but each revival comes with the amputation of a limb.

After four times you would be just a chest with the head :3 Even without 1 limb for example arm you can't fight, maybe with a sword but not with a musket for sure.

Offline Rejenorst

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2017, 12:19:43 pm »

After four times you would be just a chest with the head :3 Even without 1 limb for example arm you can't fight, maybe with a sword but not with a musket for sure.

TIS BUT A SCRATCH!!!  8)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Garrel

• Master
  • 27th | Captain
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: William Young
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2017, 01:49:11 pm »

That'll be scary if that came charging at you. xd

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician/Organist
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2017, 03:26:58 pm »
Honestly I think the surgeon should be like a Satanist and he grants dark magical powers to bring back the dead.

But really I don't think revive should exist. Lets say you get shot in the left Calf and it goes right through doesn't get stuck, then your regiment has a surgeon and he heals you up but you would be ineffective unless you got a surgeon to heal you. That way you are wounded effectively but is similar to revive as you need a surgeon to be active again.
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire