Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Q&A Blog 3 - Pre-release Q&A. Your most pressing questions  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
Re: Q&A Blog 3 - Pre-release Q&A. Your most pressing questions
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 09:02:06 pm »

Looks like class limits are in the game. Will this be changeable from an admin(in-game) tool or will it require server (file) editing. Or is it just a preset unchangeable feature?

Besides that, easily one of the best devblogs. So much information in this one  :D

Hey! We plan on having configurable class limitations for each and every map rotation through the server configuration file. We'll be working on this during Early Access depending on the priorities of the community.

Thanks again guys! Much appreciated.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Condoz

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Lt. Condoz - 51st Regiment since 2009
    • www.51stRegiment.com
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »
So, where's my medal?

Lt. Condoz -  51st Grenadiers (BG2), 83rd Regiment of Foot (BG2), 51st Regiment of Foot (M&M and NW) since 2009
www.51stRegiment.com

Offline Toyard

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Nick: Troyard
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 09:50:53 pm »
First i would like to thank you for reassuring me about your dedication towards melee system i was upset about no developer blog with showing some in game melee (except that short duel in trailer by  officers that looked kind of clunky?)

But second (important) in class selection we can see options for class but not specialization for let's say current regiment for example will there be special officer/ flag bearer/musician for Line/Naval/Rifles/Foot Guards aka each regiment has specific special units or it will be just global single line officer and naval captain

Third (not so important) That new unit looks like grenadier will it have workable grenades? ^^

Offline Deniolser

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Ku Chwale Ojczyzny ....
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Deniolser
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 10:30:49 pm »
Very NICE ! :) ;) :D
Deniolser

Offline Marks

• Petty Officer
  • BIDAND
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 10:31:20 pm »
Nice to see the 41st getting some love my 1st NW regiment funny enough.

Lovely blog really meaty

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 10:35:48 pm »
First i would like to thank you for reassuring me about your dedication towards melee system i was upset about no developer blog with showing some in game melee (except that short duel in trailer by  officers that looked kind of clunky?)

Hey, Toyard! You are indeed right. We’ve been getting in touch with YouTubers and Streamers to show gameplay off before our release onto Early Access. Do let us know what you think about the melee if you decide to support us during Early Access. Feedback on this core mechanic of the game is greatly welcome so we can continue pushing improvements towards it.

But second (important) in class selection we can see options for class but not specialization for let's say current regiment for example will there be special officer/ flag bearer/musician for Line/Naval/Rifles/Foot Guards aka each regiment has specific special units or it will be just global single line officer and naval captain

In one of the paragraphs from our rather lengthy Q&A blog post, we’ve stated that we’re thinking ahead on how to allow players to select different uniforms for the same class. Depending on the priorities of the community, we can work on different uniforms for classes that already exist within the same faction. Apologies if this wasn’t clear enough.

Third (not so important) That new unit looks like grenadier will it have workable grenades? ^^

We want to put grenades towards a vote before any official decision is taken upon their integration. Grenadiers didn’t carry grenades during the Napoleonic Wars but they do fit well in a naval scenario. There's a discussion on grenades going on right here if you'd like to join in:
Grenadiers with Hand Grenades

Offline Toyard

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Nick: Troyard
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2017, 10:54:38 pm »
Thank you for taking your time to react with your response Refleax you obviously know what you are doing and im happy about that ^^ ofcourse there is no need to apologize i must say i've missed that part i got way too excited about those little things that make games amazing - because chairs are nice. *hype*   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Soladn

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Lord high admiral John Hood Duke of Cambridge
  • Nick: John Hood
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:13 pm »
Very very nice! But one question lasts for me as a naval admiral. Are these competitive events you'll host only for like land Infantry? Or will there also be like naval competitive events?

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2017, 11:41:47 pm »
Very very nice! But one question lasts for me as a naval admiral. Are these competitive events you'll host only for like land Infantry? Or will there also be like naval competitive events?

We want the competitive events to take place on sea as well!

Thank you for taking your time to react with your response Refleax you obviously know what you are doing and im happy about that ^^ ofcourse there is no need to apologize i must say i've missed that part i got way too excited about those little things that make games amazing - because chairs are nice. *hype*   ;D ;D ;D

You're welcome Toyard! Oh yeah, no one can deny that chairs are nice.

Offline cihan

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2017, 01:01:49 am »
amazing
love it

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 01:17:15 am »
Wow, a lot of eye candy in this blog, so many screenshots and WIP renders. The melee section reminded me though about the musket melee.. will the bayoneted musket have more than two attack directions? That is, if many in the community would want a more versatile bayoneted musket melee system. As it made me wonder again, which weapons would have less than four attack directions? Maybe boarding pikes, or spontoons, or a sapper axe, etc.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 01:34:36 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Pugglesworth

• Petty Officer
  • 8th Kingsman, Friend to Everyone
  • Nick: Pugglesworth
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 01:38:57 am »
Rocket ships!  :o
Now we just need a sapper to build a chair and tie it to the end of a rocket, providing us with a long-range boarding solution. Foolproof plan...

On a more serious note, if the grenadiers end up not carrying grenades, what would be their specialty? Skirmishers are quick and good shots, line infantry are balanced, and foot guards are slow but powerful, but where do grenadiers fit in here?

Also, some naval gamemode suggestions:
1-ship naval assault. Each team gets 1 ship, each player gets 1 life. Could be a competitive mode, a whole crew/regiment commands a ship against another crew/regiment.

Naval Free-for-All. Players are divided into teams of 3-5, each group gets a 2-gun sloop or something, last ship standing wins (or with respawns, the team that sinks the most ships).

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 15e Recrue
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 02:04:53 am »
Rocket ships!  :o
Now we just need a sapper to build a chair and tie it to the end of a rocket, providing us with a long-range boarding solution. Foolproof plan...

Someone get this guy a medal.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: Darkiii
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:01 am »
just WOW  :D

Offline JaviEspartano

• Standing Officer