Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Regimental Name Rules  (Read 437 times)

Offline CamJo

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain of the 4e Voltigeurs
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Dobstar
Re: Regiment names rules!!!!!! PLEASE READ
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:35 am »
Or update the rules that could sort the problem out aswell  :)

Online Knightmare

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 27th | Recruit
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:52 am »
So me adding a joke into a discussion makes me a troll. Jesus I wonder how many forums would be locked up by now.
Can you even try and maintain seriousness?Adding a joke into a discussion that ended in spam,made by YOU and then you complain you aren't a troll?How self-righteous do you believe you are?Going on complaining about "no rule being made" and then you take it upon yourself to make a goddamn thread,which I'm pretty sure you know would have escalated into a heated argument.
Yet you still wonder,I'm not a troll?

Online Pepper

• Standing Officer
  • Father of North American Cavalry.
  • Nick: Pepper
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 01:15:25 am »
Or update the rules that could sort the problem out aswell  :)
Or be a fucking adult.

Offline CamJo

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 01:18:51 am »
So here's what I got from that knightmare.

I'm not aloud to defend my point which I've made because you have to be right along with 50 other people.

And I'm not aloud to defend personality.

Anyways if you want to lock the forum up go right ahead cuz I'm off to bed goodnight.

Online Knightmare

• Master's Mate
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 01:24:22 am »
So here's what I got from that knightmare.

I'm not aloud to defend my point which I've made because you have to be right along with 50 other people.

And I'm not aloud to defend personality.

Anyways if you want to lock the forum up go right ahead cuz I'm off to bed goodnight.
Thank god for that.Lock the thread yourself tho,why leave that to others?

Offline CamJo

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 01:28:46 am »
Because I want to see if your a man of your word.

Offline Garrel

• Purser
  • 27th | Lieutenant-Colonel
  • Nick: William Young
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 01:30:26 am »
This bullshit thread is still going on...

Online Saga

• Midshipman
  • I'm not your buddeh - guy!
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 04:40:05 am »
Communities have unwritten rules that are a part of their internal culture. Here, on FSE, and TW before it, its pretty safe to say that 1 name 1 unit has been one of those rules. Maybe it would be good to have it written down, but violating that part of the culture is a big deal. Units have made reputations for themselves under specific names. Its no surprise that the perpetrators who "steal" names catch flak for it from people like Knightmare, who may not have any association to the original unit whatsoever. As far as I see it, the earliest active claim is legitimate, and anything after it is a fraud. I feel like most people will accept that logic if conflicts occur over event registration etc.

Its a mirror to the real world. Just because something isn't illegal then that doesn't mean its not immoral
Of course in a situation online, alternative measures of deterrent are easier, and less risky against anyone who doesn't cooperate. In the real world this is much more difficult.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:37:00 am by Saga »

Online Knightmare

• Master's Mate
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 04:48:27 am »
Communities have unwritten rules that are a part of their internal culture. Here, on FSE, and TW before it, its pretty safe to say that 1 name 1 unit has been one of those rules. Maybe it would be good to have it written down, but violating that part of the culture is a big deal. Units have made reputations for themselves under specific names. Its no surprise that the perpetrators who "steal" names catch flak for it from people like Knightmare, who may not have any association to the original unit whatsoever. As far as I see it, the earliest active claim is legitimate, and anything after it is a fraud. I feel like most people will accept that logic if conflicts occur over event registration etc.

Its a mirror to the real world. Just because something isn't illegal then that doesn't mean its not immoral
Of course in an situation online, alternative measures of deterrent are easier, and less risky against anyone who doesn't cooperate. In the real world this is much more difficult.  ;)
Thank you man,somebody who gets it,also for the term 'catch flak',ty new term for me to use.

Online √etro™

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 21e CplFo | 1erFus Consc
  • Nick: Vetro
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 06:36:39 am »
Who is this New Gen or "New Player" I should say?, buddy you don't make the rules here and nobody is going to follow rules from a new player like yourself. No offense but we've been here longer and we know how thing's work. Instead of posting a thread starting trouble you should of brought it up with a Moderator or an Admin whatever works best for you. Just trying to help you out bud, this won't cut it, BTW making a thread about it won't fix any problems.

Offline CamJo

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 08:57:13 am »
Why is this being directed towards me now.
It's a bit harsh I find as this was meant to be an open debate.
I tried to treat people with respect but at the same time prove my point towards you guys and then you snap and think I'm the one making g the rules up. I'm not so called 'new' I have been around for a while and I'm not making the rules up I'm just trying to state to see what other opinions would be and frankly it's quote harsh that all direct towards me when it's the rules not me.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Master's Mate
  • Still standing since 2010!
    • IVe Corps d'Armée Français
  • Nick: IVe_45e_Darky
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 09:15:27 am »
In this community, your regiment name is much more than just a number.
It's the only way you have to be identifyed and it will tell much more than a long text: it will in a few seconds show how serious/skilled/stable is your regiment and people in it.
That's why each regiment should have a unique number. Exceptions can be done with geographical situation. For example there is a 45eNA but we are not from structure. NA and EU communities are totally different, attending différents events, so never asked them to change their name. But if another french structure would renamed, it would be totally different.

I mean regimental leaders and people composing this regiment worked hard to build their image and reputation. By picking his name, you will just have the entiere community angry about you. There is no rules abouts it but this is what it's goiing to happen.

So it's up to you, but if would be successfull on this game, just make your own name showing what you are, and not how you would like to be seen.

Online Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 09:27:04 am »
It's apart of our culture, been around forever. This was enforced in Mount & Musket as well mate. Tell me for any other game would you take another clans name? You're telling me that you'd take 'Edge Gaming', 'Xtreme Idiots or 'Damage Inc' and think it's all good? It's copyright and illegal. I can't do much to stop you from taking another regiments name but be warned mate, if you do so break the rules of our culture it's more than likely that you'll be blacklisted from our events and have a reputation as the 'shitheads.

Is that the 7thROF?
Nah that's the fake shit heads that tried to take their name

That's what would happen^

Offline Kreativity

• Petty Officer
  • 12th, Private
    • Join the 12th!
  • Nick: Kreativity
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2017, 09:39:40 am »
Why it's retarded

1stFG team 1!!!
1stFG team 2!!!!
1stFG team 1!!!!
27ths team 1!!!!
27th team 2!!!!

It's honestly just really annoying in general I mean one Regiment could be a complete piss take and the other regiment gets the blame or banned from an event or server or something like they got the name they are doing something with it it's really confusing for recruiting, events and just who people are

I'll make ur reg and get u banned from events and server also getting you a bad name ty
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:43:18 am by Kreativity »

Offline Dark_Knight

• Master's Mate
  • Still standing since 2010!
    • IVe Corps d'Armée Français
  • Nick: IVe_45e_Darky
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:17 am »
Why it's retarded

1stFG team 1!!!
1stFG team 2!!!!