Factions/Nations

Napoleon's German Division
68 (37%)
Portuguese Caçadores
21 (11.4%)
Spanish Army/Rebels
95 (51.6%)

Total Members Voted: 184

Author Topic: Factions/Nations  (Read 3551 times)

Offline Spudgun

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: Factions/Nations
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:37 pm »
Spain is a great option to explore because they weren't in Mount and Blade NW, so it will be interesting and new
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4n1nJMC_kwDLM9-tm-zXjw

NOT the 63e Spudgun, there are two Spudguns

Offline Johann

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 07:30:01 pm »
Spain is a great option to explore because they weren't in Mount and Blade NW, so it will be interesting and new

Offline j-schipper1

• Able Seaman
  • Proud to be Dutch..
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2017, 10:43:16 pm »
European Factions in 1800  :) <3

Major Nations:
Austria • France • Great Britain • Prussia • Russia

Manor Nations:
• Baden-Württemberg • Batavian Republic • Bavaria • Denmark • Hessen • Kingdom of Italy • Kingdom of Naples • Kingdom of Sardinia • Kingdom of Sicily • Mecklenburg • Oldenburg • Ottoman Empire • Papal States • Portugal • Saxony • Spain • Sweden • Swiss Confederation

Spain Portugal and the Batavian are a MUST HAVE..

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 10:45:31 pm by j-schipper1 »

Offline Scandypandy

• Petty Officer
  • Is minic a bhris béal duine a shrón.
  • Nick: Scandypandy
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2017, 11:49:39 pm »
Honestly I'd be happy with just UK+France but a big roster. Even if UK ends up by and large just being the "not france" faction that's fine by me.

While I will miss cool battles of UK vs Prussia, a large roster of Units between 2 factions would be great and could really spice up battles each time.
Ní dhéanfadh an saol capall rása d'asal.

Offline Ewoksson

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: PussySlayer69
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2017, 02:09:59 am »
Sweden.

Hatin' on UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Swedish_War_(1810%E2%80%9312)
Sweden declared war on the United Kingdom. The bloodless war, however, existed only on paper.

Just kidding, but Sweden actually joined the third coalition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Swedish_War

Pls don't look up our Kings heritage.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:12:11 am by Ewoksson »

Offline Viper

• Surgeon
  • Nick: Viper
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 10:26:09 am »
Russia is always an original Faction

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:56 pm »
Major Nations:
Austria • France • Great Britain • Prussia • Russia
I bet in early access we are going to have only France and UK. Maybe in full release, we will have 5 major factions: Kaisertum Österreich, Königreich Preußen, Российская Империя, United Kingdom and Empire Français. If it's going to be moddable and mod friendly we will have tons of reskins etc. We need to remember that Anvil Games Studios is not TaleWorlds Entertainment with 100+ employees but new, small studio with its first game on early access on steam so we can't expect them to make a huge game.

Offline Elkjær

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: Elkjaer
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 06:57:52 pm »
Honestly I'd be happy with just UK+France but a big roster. Even if UK ends up by and large just being the "not france" faction that's fine by me.

While I will miss cool battles of UK vs Prussia, a large roster of Units between 2 factions would be great and could really spice up battles each time.
I like that idea.

I personally would like to see other nations than those in NW. Maybe France, UK, Russia, Spain? I have seen many that wishes to see the Ottoman Empire too... The list of nations could be long, but of course there is a limit of what is possible.

The Danish Royal Life Guard.

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 07:15:34 pm »
Personally, I would like to see all nations from Europe but they just can't do this due to a small studio. The nations I remember that existed in 1800: Naples , Papal State, Tuscany-Etruria, Genoa, Lucca, Italy, Bavaria, Baden-Wurttemberg, Parma, Switzerland, Hanover, Cologne, Netherlands, Danmark, Sweden,  Brunswick, Anhalt, Ansbach, Thuringen, Saxony, Nassau, Nurenberg, Mainz, Frankfurt, Sardinia-Piedmont. Most of those small nations in Germany formed Westphalia/Rhen Confederation. Maybe we can get Rhen with 1 or 2 regiments from each country that was part of it.

Offline imonoz

• Landsman
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 02:25:12 am »
I'd like to see Sweden with their fancy high-hats fighting it out against French, Danish, Norwegian and Russian troops

Offline FeLino

• Master's Mate
  • ¡Viva la Armada Española!
  • Nick: AE_FeLino
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 10:25:39 am »
Spain it's a great idea, by the variety of troops and the good ships they had before trafalgar, and like always had the better commanders :)

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
  • Nick: FranciscoCC
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 02:01:23 am »

Offline VanHulstein

• Landsman
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2017, 11:47:15 pm »
My own bias: United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and fuck the Batavian Republic, slave of France

My non-bias: Spain, Ottomans.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:51:06 pm by VanHulstein »

Online Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2017, 11:57:50 pm »
While I don't believe the game is strictly adhering to a single year in regards to battles and things, all of the uniforms are from 1809, so if a Dutch faction were added it would be the Kingdom of Holland under Louis Bonaparte.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Mein Führer

• Landsman
  • Unifying Germany 1 elector at a time.
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Frederick III
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2017, 03:38:13 pm »
Prussia... I can see it now, the rows of line infantry marching over the horizon, with their navy colored jackets flapping in the wind and held high above their heads overlooking the field, a great black eagle striking fear into all that see it. and with the opposition still thinking it might still have a chance, their ranks are suddenly destroyed by death itself, the Totenkopf hussars have arrived! With such discipline and strategy the Prussians make short work of all who appose the.

I am very exited for this game, all of it is looking so good, I cant wait to play as the British or the French, But I will always be looking forward to the implementation of PRUSSIA!