Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Would you like to see grenades in Holdfast: NaW? They will only be available in limited quantities (You can select a maximum of two options)

Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - For specific naval and army based classes.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only for specific naval based classes.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they're pickable instead of tied to a specific class.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they can be toggled on and off by server administrators.
No, I wouldn't like to see grenades in the game.

Author Topic: Grenaders with HG?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Shockwave

• Landsman
  • Former God Emperor of NRP
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Cockwave
Re: Grenaders with HG?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »
my "Napoleonic Roleplay" server

You mean kaides?
"I have my own policy with the ladies... Its my "1 dollar 1 inch" policy, you give me 1 dollar, you get 1 Inch, you give me 3 dollars.... you get it ALL"

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 06:19:27 pm »
Please keep on topic.

Well my offers to make it less abusable;

-Hand Grenades should be in spesific classes.
-Hand Grenades must have a fuse to light it up, and it should be lighten only standing still. (I mean can not light them while moving)
-Hand Grenades' fuses should make seizable (may about the lighter) and it should be lighten in 4-5 secs or more.
-Hand Grenades' range and accuracy should be low, because in 1800's it mostly used in siege to harrashing the buildings.

*Range is key for grenades* It should be skillful and difficult to throw over a wall.

If grenades are added, perhaps having both a desperate crudely aimed long range throw and underarm bowling sort of roll that is shorter ranged that would give them a more situational use and less of a 'throw explosive, win' sort of thing.

Offline Ewoksson

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: PussySlayer69
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 07:07:09 pm »
my "Napoleonic Roleplay" server

You mean kaides?
What? I thought NWRP was a communist regime. It's all of ours!

OT: Yes, it would be best to keep it as an option, but not required.
Also, probably better for only land battles as we've experienced how they might sink boats and kill a lot of players without that much of an issue.
So for balance sake, pls no grenades during naval battles.

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 09:22:10 pm »
I think they should be in naval battles, but only a limited amount in a crate on the biggest ship of the game.

Offline Jägermeister

• Petty Officer
  • HMS Vulture | Hakany
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2017, 01:07:50 am »
It seems most of the players' opinion is "Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they can be toggled on and off by server administrators."

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2017, 02:25:15 am »
27 votes tells you nothing about what the players want.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2017, 03:03:41 am »

Jackson jeez what is your prob? xD

I still remember this.

Either way, the graphics are better than NW, cant complain. (Warband is quite cartoony)
Depending how mod-able it is it, people can probably change bits and bobs.

I am fine with it. The cartoony style might make it more optimized for lower-end PCs.

Agree with both of these comments.

Whether or not the graphics are 'cartoony', they still look fantastic - at least the examples we've seen are - so I don't think we have anything to worry about there.

With the majority of the players being younger (15-18), not all of them can afford high-spec PCs, so I think an optimized game is certainly the way forward to maintain this playerbase.

And you say this...

With the majority of the players being younger (15-18)

The game currently has zero players, with an average age of nothing.

Really mate? Just stop.

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2017, 03:09:23 am »
Stop making completely accurate statements?

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2017, 03:52:24 am »
It is a rather small sample size for a game that will have potentially thousands of purchases.

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2017, 03:56:59 am »
It is a rather small sample size for a game that will have potentially thousands of purchases.

Much better. Don't see why Jackson has to word it in such a peculiar way.

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2017, 04:00:23 am »
Bloody Ontarians.

Offline Ewoksson

• Able Seaman
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2017, 04:01:25 am »
Stop making completely accurate statements?
Partypooper.  >:(

I agree, but that could go for any idea in the ''Game Discussion'' and ''Suggestions and Feedback'' forums.
What's the use of these boards if not to bring forwards suggestions, and their popularity?
The developers have the sole power to post about this thread to the people following the game on Steam and they might actually be aware of polls.
This has been done by the NWRP server several times by announcing it in the steam group and in-game. See results:
Our poll about grenades on the server: http://www.strawpoll.me/10090455/r
Our player feedback 2017: http://59th.phy.sx/index.php?thread/1739-the-napoleonic-wars-server-results-2017/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:10:20 am by Ewoksson »

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2017, 04:09:41 am »
Gently steering people away from coming to faulty conclusions that could be harmful to the developers is part of the job requirement, yes.

Offline Ewoksson

• Able Seaman
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 04:18:47 am »
Gently steering people away from coming to faulty conclusions that could be harmful to the developers is part of the job requirement, yes.
Now, I don't know whether you was talking about the idea about grenades itself, or the result of the poll, but for the poll:
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they can be toggled on and off by server administrators.
would indeed be the best option of them all, all because the last sentence. Everything in-game should be possible to toggle on and off, similar to the admin panel in NW.
Line battles without artillery, cavalry or rifles, just as well line battles with it all should be possible by setting a ratio.

You are absolutely right about the poll in general. 27 votes aren't representative of the future community, but what is representative of the community?
Maybe it would be nice to have a ''If this idea reaches XXX number of votes, the developers will at least take it into consideration / commenting.'' similar to the way the White House, or GOG gives the people a voice.
You got the blogs, so might use 'em FAQs to answer.

Sometimes you cannot follow the entire community simply because it's too large to hear everyones opinion, nor make a poll where everyone has answered.
We kept grenades on NWRP despite 60% wanted them gone in 2016, while 70% wanted to keep them in 2017, and those responses were made by 100~ out of a community of 60.000 players even if we kept it running for months and plenty of announcements.
So in the end, it's always the choice of the developers. I don't doubt the OP knows that though, and I don't think he meant the voting was concluded. He stated the current stance in the poll in the wrong way. He might as well just meant respondents or users.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:44:45 am by Ewoksson »

Offline Jägermeister

• Petty Officer
  • HMS Vulture | Hakany
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 12:49:25 am »
Wut is ur prob? It's just an opinion for now. Calm down m8.