Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Would you like to see grenades in Holdfast: NaW? They will only be available in limited quantities (You can select a maximum of two options)

Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - For specific naval and army based classes.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only for specific naval based classes.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they're pickable instead of tied to a specific class.
Yes, I would like to see grenades in the game - But only if they can be toggled on and off by server administrators.
No, I wouldn't like to see grenades in the game.

Author Topic: Grenaders with HG?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Hughes

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Grenaders with HG?
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2017, 03:12:19 pm »
Grenadiers of the period never carried grenades. --That alone is reason enough for an unequivocal: No!

Offline j-schipper1

• Able Seaman
  • Proud to be Dutch..
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »
Just like NTW, let the grenadier class get 1 or 2 grenades with a limited throw time if they are to late they blow up  ;D

Offline Jägermeister

• Surgeon's Mate
  • HMS Vulture | Hakany
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 11:50:23 pm »
Grenadiers of the period never carried grenades. --That alone is reason enough for an unequivocal: No!
Unfortunately they did. Especially in siege battles they used the hand grenades to blow up the gates and harrash the buildings.

There's an HG which crafted in 1840s means still using at late.
http://inert-ord.net/19cent/grenat/index.html

Online Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2017, 12:07:39 am »
Grenades were used in certain situations, but they weren't carried by grenadiers.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2017, 12:19:43 am »
Grenades were used in certain situations, but they weren't carried by grenadiers.

How was it used then?

I myself actually dont have to much knowledge on the topic anyway.

Offline Hughes

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:13 am »
Grenadiers of the era never carried grenades.
In French regiments, they formed 'Flank Companies'
--veterans whom could be massed for assaults & sieges.

No one threw grenades.

The whole idea of it makes no sense.

Online Intel Guardian

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Not A Weeb
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 09:22:10 am »

In which situations exactly and by whom?
The Fresh Emperor of France: In west Corsica born and raised, In the Tuileries Palace was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' annexin' all cool and all, Shooting some Spaniards outside of the Madrid
When a couple of Austrians who were up to no good, Started invading allies in my neighborhood
I got in one little war and Britain got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Saint Helena."

Offline Jägermeister

• Surgeon's Mate
  • HMS Vulture | Hakany
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2017, 07:17:41 pm »
Well, It seems we will learn what is the decide of developers soon. You can see the "Grenader" uniform in update notes.

Online Intel Guardian

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Not A Weeb
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2017, 08:23:24 pm »
I doubt the grenadiers will carry grenades. Possibly another class will, though I'd like for them to be picked up like cannonballs and dropped (you can see explosive devices next to the cannonballs on some coastal siege maps).
The Fresh Emperor of France: In west Corsica born and raised, In the Tuileries Palace was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' annexin' all cool and all, Shooting some Spaniards outside of the Madrid
When a couple of Austrians who were up to no good, Started invading allies in my neighborhood
I got in one little war and Britain got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Saint Helena."