Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Emote / Animation Menu  (Read 3245 times)

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Professional Retard also anime is not cool bro
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
Re: Emote / Animation Menu
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2017, 04:42:03 pm »
If something such as this is eventually added, players should be able to cycle through movement and idle animations, either through a keybind that cycles through or a selection menu. I'd personally like to trail my arms as a light infantryman.  :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:47:06 pm by Intel Guardian »

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: [79thCH]Luke192
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 11:13:54 pm »
"Plant Flag" animation added

Luke192 - Colour Serjeant, Section C(Lights Co.) - 79th "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders

Offline Czechu

• Petty Officer
  • Gefreiter, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Czechu
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2017, 01:59:00 pm »
I think, that something that was used in Battlefield 2 could be implemented with succes, as a voice or emote menu.

And with such menu, you could chose which commands you have in it. For example, you dont need "Abandon Ship" at the land battle.

And of course +1 for emotes, and +1 for sync marching etc.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 02:05:28 pm by Czechu »
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 03:06:42 am »
I think, that something that was used in Battlefield 2 could be implemented with succes, as a voice or emote menu.

And with such menu, you could chose which commands you have in it. For example, you dont need "Abandon Ship" at the land battle.

Yeah, or it could be like Overwatch and have different sections, like voice lines or emotes.

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 03:40:02 pm »

There currently is a voice menu accessible by default "b," if you didn't already know. But if you are saying this in regard to organizing the voices, I'm all for it. :)

Luke192 - Colour Serjeant, Section C(Lights Co.) - 79th "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders

Offline Sean

• Able Seaman
  • 79thCH ⱡ Lance Coporal ⱡ Sean
    • 79th Queens Own Cameron Highlanders Steam Group
  • Nick: Sean
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2017, 01:09:41 am »
Hey, can we have Soccer be added into the game with that Plant Flag emote?

Sean -  Lance Coporal 79th "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders

Offline Lord_Oliverzouch

• Petty Officer
  • For England... For His Majesty... For the 116th...
    • 116th Perthshire Regiment of His Majesty's Army
  • Nick: 116th_Oliver
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2017, 02:36:35 am »
I do think this is a good idea though i dont know about the at ease with the hands behinde the back as i don't they did that though im sure they did do something for at ease though i support the shoulder arms most definitely, i am for this idea   :)
Regards, Lord_OliverZouch

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2018, 03:31:13 am »
I do think this is a good idea though i dont know about the at ease with the hands behinde the back as i don't they did that though im sure they did do something for at ease though i support the shoulder arms most definitely, i am for this idea   :)
Its mainly just an idea for RP. Not necessarily a particular command. Just a resting position :P :)

Offline johncage

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2018, 06:34:31 pm »
as long as they are historical and authentic, and also the leg turning animation seriously needs to be implemented. as a third person player primarily, it's incredibly jarring to see the legs just stay stationary while you turn your character, like he's hovering on air. sure there's inverse kinematics for feet placement on terrain, but the legs themselves must move if you turn around. just look at yourself make a 180 turn in the mirror. your legs move.

Offline johncage

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 06:37:35 pm »

i think the radial menu is a meme and a bad system. having a number menu is much faster. plus you could remember combinations. say, the menu is accessed by pressing v key or whatever. then there's a list of numbers, so you use the wave signal a lot. you remember it is the 5 key in the menu. in the future, you press v and then 5 quickly for wave. no nonsense requiring you to play with your mouse on a radial menu where you have to read the words and distract you from the battlefield you are vewing

Offline Czechu

• Petty Officer
  • Gefreiter, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Czechu
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2018, 09:10:29 pm »
i think the radial menu is a meme and a bad system. having a number menu is much faster. plus you could remember combinations. say, the menu is accessed by pressing v key or whatever. then there's a list of numbers, so you use the wave signal a lot. you remember it is the 5 key in the menu. in the future, you press v and then 5 quickly for wave. no nonsense requiring you to play with your mouse on a radial menu where you have to read the words and distract you from the battlefield you are vewing

Number menu is ok in my opinion. Tbh i never had any problem with radial menu. After couple of hours you get used to it(where is what command), but yes, numerical menu would be probably better, but in my opinion, only if it will be customizable. IMHO it was always pain to use numericals that had "tree" structure. But maybe it will be time to get used to it :D
Anyway, what we have currently is disaster if it comes to quick commands.
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2018, 11:16:59 pm »

Number menu is ok in my opinion. Tbh i never had any problem with radial menu. After couple of hours you get used to it(where is what command), but yes, numerical menu would be probably better, but in my opinion, only if it will be customizable. IMHO it was always pain to use numericals that had "tree" structure. But maybe it will be time to get used to it :D
Anyway, what we have currently is disaster if it comes to quick commands.
Yeah I agree that the numerical menu should be customizable or have a favorites section possibly. I'm sure if it was customizable they would allow you to assign certain keys to specific commands/emotes.

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2018, 04:13:20 am »
Minor changes to the names of some emotes and more pictures added to the Misc section at the bottom of the post

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 02:28:15 pm »
Been a while since this has been bumped, hopefully some new players see this --- Bump!

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
  • Что делать? Стоять и умирать!
  • Faction: Prussia
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2018, 02:04:30 pm »
There's no need to bump suggestion threads.