Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Option to Automatically Join a Server  (Read 443 times)

Offline HeyLittleSparta

• Landsman
Option to Automatically Join a Server
« on: December 31, 2017, 12:42:12 am »
Does anybody else feel there needs to be a way to automatically join a server or have servers hosted by the developers? When I played I spend around 10 minutes trying to join a server because they were either full or had around 200 ms ping (because they were on a different continent.) I had to watch the numbers because as soon as someone leaves someone else joins. I'm not a fan of playing with friends (I prefer to play alone) so I don't really want to join a squad/infantry. I think the developers need to make a server with multiple rooms that you can just hit a button and you join a server. Is there a reason they aren't doing this or is there something I'm missing?

Offline Pugglesworth

• Standing Officer
  • Nr14 OGfr, Friend to Everyone
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Pugglesworth
Re: Option to Automatically Join a Server
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:37:33 am »
A server queue would be nice, makes the process of joining a full server be more fair and less about which person gets lucky and spams connect at the right time.

I think there's enough official servers for the demand (maybe one more siege server), but I have noticed a problem that when one of the battle servers gets filled, people would rather wait for a spot to open up or go play something else instead of going to the other, empty server (which might actually start to fill up if everyone just tried).
Same for naval, there are usually a lot of NA players on the EU naval server because the EU server already had people in it so the NA server just remains empty.

Could maybe use something where you pick the game mode you want to play, and if there's hardly anyone in the queue for the full server, it puts you in the queue, but if there are a bunch of people in the queue it puts them all into the empty server (the server browser would of course still be available if you want to join that specific server). Of course, it's hard to decide how many is enough, because some people would be fine with only 10, others would want maybe at least 50, while still others would only be satisfied with 100+ (these people should probably just put themselves in the queue for the full server).

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:13:05 am »
And a filter for gamemode as well.

Offline Luke192

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: [79thCH]Luke192
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 05:06:34 pm »
And a filter for gamemode as well.
Over top of the column that displays the gamemode for each server where it says "Gamemode" or "Game Type" (Not 100% sure but you get the point) you can click that and it should sort the servers on your list in sections based on the gamemode. :)

Luke192 - Colour Serjeant, Section C(Lights Co.) - 79th "Queen's Own" Cameron Highlanders