Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Timer for cannon use  (Read 158 times)

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Saris
Timer for cannon use
« on: January 09, 2018, 02:10:49 am »
One of the most annoying things in this game is people stealing cannons. They wait until its ready to use and take it before you can. It's sad that I have to rush to be the first person to use the gun that I loaded because people will just run up and take it. I suggest adding a timer like 5-10 seconds for the person who loaded the cannon to use it before it is free to be used by anybody and if the person dies the timer will stop and open up the cannon. Until there is a dedicated artillery class, this will remain an annoyance.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:46:35 pm by Saris »

Offline Absol

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Timer for cannon use
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 02:56:20 am »
Good idea +1

Offline Czechu

• Able Seaman
  • Fusilier, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Nick: Czechu
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:50:37 pm »
+1

...BUT!

Sometimes people load your cannon just to help you - then it must be stopped.
Of course until artillerist class will be introduced. Then, I hope, Artillerist will have priority in cannon usage.
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Lord Blakeney

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Wm. Blakeney
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 10:51:47 pm »
One of the most annoying things in this game is people stealing cannons. They wait until its ready to use and take it before you can. It's sad that I have to rush to be the first person to use the gun that I loaded because people will just run up and take it. I suggest adding a timer like 5-10 seconds for the person who loaded the cannon to use it before it is free to be used by anybody and if the person dies the timer will stop and open up the cannon. Until there is a dedicated artillery class, this will remain an annoyance.

Annoying as it is I can't really see an option where it could work as implementing this would basically stop a two-man crew with one loading and one firing from being possible.

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 01:40:28 am »
Annoying as it is I can't really see an option where it could work as implementing this would basically stop a two-man crew with one loading and one firing from being possible.

Yeah that is the worst thing but it will stop people from stealing cannons before you can get a chance to use them. Do you have any suggestions? Honestly the way artillery is right now, I don't see any downside losing the 2 man teams.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 01:44:05 am by Saris »

Offline DG

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Infantry Captain Dom of the KRRC
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:49 am »
Isn't this on the roadmap already?

Either way, +1 this feature should be added.

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:06:27 am »
I think it would eba  good idea to have an artillerist unit, that has priority to the cannon, such as the captain as priority to sail the ships.

Offline LueyHewis

• Petty Officer
  • Major of the 105th Regiment of Foot
    • 105th Regiment of Foot
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 07:08:16 am »
I actually think this is a great idea, happened a lot to me, specifically in public matches. +1 for this

Offline Lord Blakeney

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Wm. Blakeney
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 07:58:36 pm »

Yeah that is the worst thing but it will stop people from stealing cannons before you can get a chance to use them. Do you have any suggestions? Honestly the way artillery is right now, I don't see any downside losing the 2 man teams.
Honestly I think the only option would be as you suggested.

If a person loads the cannon they have a 2 second priority window to aim the cannon over another player.