Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Flag Melee Damage  (Read 1018 times)

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Flag Melee Damage
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2018, 06:51:07 pm »
You will realize that you don't know anything about melee in this game. Speaking from personal experience.

I have over 700 hours in Holdfast, a couple hundred are melee only, but I can barely touch Austro. The regulars on that server are proof that the melee system is 100% skill.

If someone dies to a bayonet or flag in this game, it's because they aren't good at melee.

That being said, I'm for a flag bearer debuff. But melee itself is good, it just need some polishing.

Please check out Refleax's comments documented on this post: http://www.holdfastgame.com/forum/index.php?topic=4016.0

I think to add to that, server desync is an issue. It is a lot more clear in the beta versions of the game right now, making it far more playable to newcomers. And while I agree there is a lot of skill to the current melee, the 100% might be an exaggeration. But all in all it really is playable and just needs polishing.
I agree. Ping and fps play a massive role in melee right now. When compared to Warband's, it's really not good at all.