The Napoleonic Role Play server has been abandoned since the start of the year. We still remain in the Napoleonic Wars DLC and our Discord is very much alive.
You may wonder why this is the cause and I'll try to explain the causes below, whereas some of the causes are also bi-effects:
1. The Official servers sucked the Community servers dry upon the launch, and the developers seemed very keen to keep the monopoly.
2. There was little to none capability to compete with the Official servers because the admin tools were very limited (rcon commands) thus it became very difficult to actively admin the various role plays.
We lacked easy tools for slaying, swapping, banning, but also tools to force certain classes.
3. Our regulars and admins showed little to none interest in Holdfast, mainly because the lack of content compared to the Napoleonic Wars DLC. (Moving artillery, various factions, mapmaker, cavalry, etc)
This led to the server sometimes being left without an admin for long periods during the day.
4. Our player base doesn't mainly consist of youth anymore, but rather grown adults, with less free time and interest in gaming, not to mention that everyone is a bit tired of the theme after 6 years.
The advertisements about Holdfast had mainly been aimed at regimental players, not our public players.
5. Server owners and coders lack the ability to script (and map) which led to our sister server Jailbreak not being able to become established in Holdfast.
6. Internal changes where both Scandypandy and Nobomin left the active team during the establishment period.
The server might make a return in the future.