Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 16 - Guards & Riflemen. The chosen elite  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Dius

• Midshipman's Mate
  • VIe_9eMG_Asp_Dius
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 9eMG | Dius
Re: Developer Blog 16 - Guards & Riflemen. The chosen elite
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 11:19:17 pm »
Very nice work, I look forward to seeing this next "Great Blog"  :D

Offline Cornwall

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain, 1st British Foot Guards
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 1stFG_Cornwall
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 11:22:23 pm »
Nice work from the 1st Foot Guards!
Colonel George Cornwall, 1st Foot Guard Regiment

Offline Viper

• Surgeon
  • Nick: Viper
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 11:23:56 pm »
Good job guys!, keep it up

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 11:24:50 pm »
I'm excited for EA! Can't wait :D

Beautiful work again lads and thank you for your communication with the community

Offline Furrnox

• Petty Officer
  • 9e is great mah dudes. #Trust
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 12:06:51 am »
Oh man those Corsican uniforms are really ugly..

Offline Caselius

• Master's Mate
  • Getting shot is my forte
  • Nick: [52nd] Sandford
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 12:53:55 am »
Liking the uniqueness of the classes like choosing the Dutch Grenadiers (in my honest opinion more fancier than the 1st Grenadiers). Bearskins for 1st Foot Guard look fancy as well and give them an unique characteristic.

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 01:50:30 am »
Interesting uniform choices for the Guards and riflemen. The role of Guards and Riflemen being set with their traits and abilities like higher HP near officers for the Guard and increased accuracy but longer reload for riflemen are all good. I wonder how the Guards increased melee damage works if they have a trait for melee weapons and a trait for increased bayoneted musket melee damage. Does the increased damage stack if it is both a melee weapon and bayoneted musket as a Guard? When I read and saw this dev blog, I knew straight away the main community feedback will be design and uniform discussion instead of what these new units can do as a different type of troop. I'm curious if rifles with sword bayonets are ruled out this close to early access.

Offline Soladn

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Lord high admiral John Hood Duke of Cambridge
  • Nick: John Hood
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 01:58:42 am »
Nice Post!
But I still have some questions:
1. is this Stress test already done? and if it's not how can I take part? I would do anything to make the game even better than it now seems to be!
2. A question I already asked a few times: is the entering of other ships gonna work with grappling hooks?
3. will the lower deck be enterable?
4. How much are the servers gonna cost?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:14:05 am by Soladn »

Offline Pulu

• Able Seaman
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 02:36:08 am »
The French Grenadier Guards look like the Grenadier guards.
But I wonder why is not the famous French local old sentinel, because they are always very famous Legion??
Does that mean that Holland will not be an independent faction in the game?
I want to see replies, thanks

Offline Pulu

• Able Seaman
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 02:38:29 am »
The second branches look like famous British riflemen.
But France has its own hunting soldiers, and Riflemen are the same, they all dressed in a blue uniform. I don't see why Brown is chosen as a military uniform. I want the game to be more historical.

Offline Pulu

• Able Seaman
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 02:40:23 am »
Liking the uniqueness of the classes like choosing the Dutch Grenadiers (in my honest opinion more fancier than the 1st Grenadiers). Bearskins for 1st Foot Guard look fancy as well and give them an unique characteristic.

That means there is no old French Vieille Garde??

Offline Soladn

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Lord high admiral John Hood Duke of Cambridge
  • Nick: John Hood
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 06:07:33 am »
Nice Post!
But I still have some questions:
1. is this Stress test already done? and if it's not how can I take part? I would do anything to make the game even better than it now seems to be!
2. A question I already asked a few times: is the entering of other ships gonna work with grappling hooks?
Ps: The German list of regiments and crews needs to get upgraded!

Offline AgentMWolf

• Master's Mate
  • What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough
  • Nick: MadWolf
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 09:46:13 am »
The French Grenadier Guards look like the Grenadier guards.
But I wonder why is not the famous French local old sentinel, because they are always very famous Legion??
Does that mean that Holland will not be an independent faction in the game?
I want to see replies, thanks
The second branches look like famous British riflemen.
But France has its own hunting soldiers, and Riflemen are the same, they all dressed in a blue uniform. I don't see why Brown is chosen as a military uniform. I want the game to be more historical.

That means there is no old French Vieille Garde??

Free tip: you are able to edit your fist post.

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2017, 04:01:54 pm »

Thank you very much for your compliments! We are doing our utmost best to get more of the community involved in our tests. Since right now the game is still in its closed phases, access to it is very limited.

One of the reasons why we decided to go into Early Access is because we want the community to be able to get their hands on the game without having to wait until it’s fully released. Through Early Access, the community will be able to provide us with direct feedback on the updates, changes and new features for the game as it develops.

Right now you can board other naval vessels by de-masting them which will cause the ship to cease sailing. We also have plans for grappling hooks to make it into the game in the future. This among other systems we have planned for naval combat will encourage boarding to take place even further.

Yes! When we get to work on larger naval vessels for Holdfast: Nations At War, you will be able to go below decks.

4. How much are the servers gonna cost?

The servers will be made available for the community to host your own servers on the very first day we release on Early Access. You will not have to pay an additional sum to access the server files.

The French Grenadier Guards look like the Grenadier guards. But I wonder why is not the famous French local old sentinel, because they are always very famous Legion??

We decided to go with the Holland Guard (Which was still very much a part of the French Army) for our initial release on Early Access because we plan on including the more popular French Guard unit coupled with some themed content we have planned in the future.

The themed content will be centred on a pivotal battle that took place during the Napoleonic era! We want to make sure to pay it the attention it deserves and do it justice.

Quote from: Community Question
There has been some discussion going on regarding the bear skins for the Saint James' Palace, 1st Foot Guards. I've given the following reply on our Steam blog post:

Yes, you are all indeed right. The 1st Foot Guards would have used shakos on campaign.

The reason as to why we decided to model the St James’ Palace - 1st Foot Guards for the British Guard class is so that this class, is visually distinguishable from the rest of the classes by those who aren’t too familiar with the Napoleonic era. The Guard class is an elite unit and it will play a major role in Holdfast: Nations At War.

This won’t keep us from creating a selectable variation for the 1st Foot Guards whilst on campaign (IE. with shakos) in the future.

St Jame's Palace - 1st Foot Guards Reference

P.S Here's a link to the Steam blog post: Guards & Riflemen. The chosen elite (On Steam)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:43:02 pm by Refleax »

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Online Garrel

• Master
  • 27th | Captain
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: William Young
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2017, 04:25:02 pm »
Superb job! :D