Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Voice Acting / Commands / Taunts & Cheers  (Read 72 times)

Offline cheeseontoast51

• Landsman
  • Faction: Neutral
Voice Acting / Commands / Taunts & Cheers
« on: July 09, 2017, 08:21:08 pm »
I know the devs are working hard on this game, and have many things to worry about right now, but I have some suggestions. Since these devs are taking inspiration from many games, especially the Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars DLC, I think they could make improvements on the shortcomings of those games. First of all, I would like to see a "c key" mechanic where the player could press the "c" key, or whatever key is designated, in order to taunt or cheer like in Mount and Blade NW.

Second, I don't know if we will get an in game commanding system(we probably will). Nevertheless, the voice acting for those commands should be fully fleshed out. (This is going to be nitpicky, but I really do think it helps immersion) for example, in NW, when playing as a highland officer, you would issue commands in an English accent, but the "c key" taunt would be in generic generic scots accent like the rest of the rankers. 

I just think good voice acting leads to much greater immersion in any game, and that it is important to get it right. Again, I know the devs are working on more pressing things right now, but they should definitely invest some time into good voice acting in the future, especially when they start receiving funds from their planned steam early access this fall/winter

Just my 2 cents.
Dum Spiro, Spero.

Offline BigDawg

• Ordinary Seaman
  • I'm The Biggest Dawg
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: George_Fifth
Re: Voice Acting / Commands / Taunts & Cheers
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 11:18:00 pm »
Good Idea, I just find that having the button to c would be spammed way too much in the future and it does get annoying after awhile with all the shout spam.

Offline Norwegian

• Surgeon's Mate
  • За Государя!
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 02:16:17 am »
Good Idea, I just find that having the button to c would be spammed way too much in the future and it does get annoying after awhile with all the shout spam.

There's a cooldown in NW, so you can't keep on spam-cheering all the time. I'm sure the same will be added to Holdfast, should they decide to add a cheer function. (Which honestly, I'm pretty sure they will.)

Online Exodus

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Major. Exodus, Leader of the 1stRVR
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 03:39:46 am »
I think we should be able to do 'Emotes' some of these emotes can allow us to:

Salute
This will cause your player to salute.

Surgeon/Medic!
This will cause your player to wave his/her arm around while displaying 'I need a surgeon!' in chat, although this is only visible to your team.

Wave
This will cause your player to wave.

Yes
This will cause your player to say yes.

No
This will cause your player to say no.

Incoming
This animation makes the character pull out his hand, and pointing somewhere. It also displays in chat Incoming!, however it shows only to your team. He also yells incoming.

Thanks
This causes your player to say thank you.

Cheer
This causes your player to cheer

Offline SwydeBarca

• Ordinary Seaman
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 07:09:02 pm »
I think we should be able to do 'Emotes' some of these emotes can allow us to:

Salute
This will cause your player to salute.

Surgeon/Medic!
This will cause your player to wave his/her arm around while displaying 'I need a surgeon!' in chat, although this is only visible to your team.

Wave
This will cause your player to wave.

Yes
This will cause your player to say yes.

No
This will cause your player to say no.

Incoming
This animation makes the character pull out his hand, and pointing somewhere. It also displays in chat Incoming!, however it shows only to your team. He also yells incoming.

Thanks
This causes your player to say thank you.

Cheer
This causes your player to cheer

I think they already have buttons for surgeons and such. And I don't think you need this many emotes, maybe just a cheer and a taunt would do.