Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: I have a lot of ideas to share~  (Read 291 times)

Offline George Al Ghul

• Landsman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: George Miracle
I have a lot of ideas to share~
« on: June 29, 2017, 01:21:22 pm »
It's about the the systems of combat.

这主要关于战斗系统

I played many action game. The Witcher III Wild Hunt, Chivlary:Medieval Warfare , Assassin's Creed Series, For Honor and of course Mount and Blade Series.

我玩过不少动作游戏。巫师3:狂猎、骑士:中世纪战争、刺客信条系列、荣耀战魂,当然不会少了骑马与砍杀系列。

In Chivlary:Medieval Warfare a class will be able to launch a charge attack after running for a while. Keep running , weapon raised , click attack key to jump forward and strike . If it hit the target it would deliver massive damage. In Ubisoft's games. there are something similar.Every hero has one or more  unique charge attack in For Honor and the first strike in running would be a heavy attack in Assassin's Creed : Unity. So I hope that in Holdfast : Nations at War, each weapon can have an unique charge attack that make the charge really mean something rather than enemies just standing there keep reloading and switch to melee mode block and riposte a charge, which would be most likely to happen in Mount & Blade : Warband. And I think it may work if the charge attack was unblockable or impossible to riposte, perhaps it can knockdown the enemy who blocked it. Or Perhaps the charge attack of different weapon has its own way.

在骑士:中世纪战争中有个兵种能在奔跑一段时间后使用冲锋攻击。持续奔跑、举起武器、按下攻击键跳起来全力一击。这一击如果命中目标则会造成巨大伤害。在育碧的游戏中也有类似的东西。荣耀战魂里的每一个英雄都有至少一个独特的冲锋攻击,刺客信条:大革命中奔跑时进行攻击会直接使出重击。所以我希望在Holdfast : Nations at War中,每样武器都能有独特的冲锋攻击使得冲锋有意义,而不是像骑马与砍杀里很有可能发生的那样——敌人面对冲锋还能站在那装填然后切到近战模式轻松挡下并反击。我认为如果冲锋攻击无从格挡或是能使敌人无法反击,或者能够击倒格挡住冲锋攻击的敌人或许能让冲锋的意义体现出来。再或者不同武器有不同的方式来使得冲锋攻击具有意义。

One of the most impressive combat system I saw is the system of For Honor, the Art of Battle as they calls. I believe it learn from Mount & Blade that every single attack in the chaining attacks has its own direction. I don't think the soldier will be train as a master, and they can only attack, defend,parry and riposte. However, as an officer specializing in sword fight,it would be better if they could deflect and chain attacks. Besides, the Art of Battle also divided attacks into light and heavy, and I found it really good. When engaging enemies in For Honor, the hero can turn into defensive stance that enable most of the heroes to change defending direction or maintain to defend one and don't need to press any key just all about move the mouse. And both of the features mentions above enable heroes won't have to raise the weapon so high for defending or charging for an heavier attack, which totally looks like an idiot. Furtermore, the light attack and heavy attack are not exactly the same, and I think this game can also learn from it. For example, A musket equipped with bayonet. A light overhead attack could be a direct stab and the heavy one is to jump up and stab. The heavy side attack can use the bayonet, but the light one may use the butt. As for the underneath attack, how about a direct stab and sweep the weapon to knockdown the opponent?

我见过的最印象深刻的战斗系统之一是荣耀战魂的,就如其名——“战斗的艺术”。我相信他们一定借鉴了骑马与砍杀,因为连招中的每一击都有明确的攻击方向。我不认为士兵会被像大师那样训练,他们应该只会攻击、防御、招架与反击。但是专精剑术的军官也许能够偏斜和连击会更好。另外,“战斗的艺术”还把攻击分为了轻击和重击,我发觉这样很好。在荣耀战魂中和敌人交战时,大多数英雄可以进入能够不需要点击任何键只靠移动鼠标就能改变和维持防御某一方向的防御姿态。以上提及到的两项特点,使得英雄不必像个傻子一样一直举着武器来防御或是为重击蓄力。除此之外,轻击重击也不是完全一样的,我觉得这也是这个游戏可以借鉴的地方。例如,装备刺刀的燧发枪。上轻击可以是直接刺击而上重击则是跳起来刺。侧重击用的是刺刀而侧轻击用的则是枪托。至于下攻击,直刺和横扫以击倒对手听起来怎么样?

I wish that players can vault through something by pressing the space bar for some interaction insteads of jumping like a comedian. War is serious. How about press the space bar to dodge. If the charge attack can't be defend, it would make it easier for players to survive a charge in single combat but face a charging legion there would be less chance to dodge from multiple attack, which can also make the charge mean something.

我希望玩家能用按空格互动翻越障碍来取代跳跃。战争是严肃的,像喜剧演员一样蹦跶怎么行。不妨,空格改为闪避?如果冲锋攻击无法被防御,这无疑使得玩家更容易在单挑对决的冲锋中幸存,而当面对一个军团的冲锋时闪开多个攻击幸存的概率则要小得多,这样同样也使得冲锋具有意义。

About naval gameplay, I don't have plenty much to say for now. I just want that boarding a ship fight a deckfight will also mean something. Perhaps we can capture an area or interact with the flag to stop enemies from respawning and take control of the vessel.

关于海战内容,我目前没有很多可说的。我只是想让登船接舷战也具有意义。或许我们能够占领个区域或是与旗帜互动来阻止敌人重生并接管舰船。

At last I really hope that you will make more factions and not be limited in the Napoleonic Era, but also make something in different ages, such as American War of Independence, faction of Mughal dynasty, etc. It would prevent us from getting tired of it for a long time. With a lot of factions at war across the ages of blackpower, that's what really calls Nations at War.

最后我真的希望你们能做更多的阵营,并且不要局限于拿破仑时代,也做些其他时代的东西,比如美国独立战争、莫卧儿王朝阵营等。这样能大幅增加游戏可玩性。有着在黑火药主宰战场的各个时代的多个交战的阵营的话,那才真的称得上是Nations at War啊。
You think you know a story, but you only know how it ends. To get to the heart of the story,you had to go back to the beginning.

Offline Elitesniperz

• Landsman
  • Nick: Elite
Re: I have a lot of ideas to share~
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:52:19 pm »
The chain attack from For Honor is very cool and it would be quite interesting to see if they can somehow introduce a chain attack to Holdfast

Offline SwydeBarca

• Standing Officer
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 02:14:40 am »
The problem is, HoldFast is focused on realism, not action. A lot of these suggestions look really game in an action game, but don't fit in a reenactment situation.

Jumping before attacking has no purpose in the real life. In a game, it gives a feeling of power to the attack. But in real life, it makes you vulnerable. You are tied to the trajectory of your jump, so your attack is easier to dodge and it is easier to outflank you. It totally breaks your guard. Also, there is no need for so much power. A good thrust is enough to pierce through the equipment line infantry wore. Jumping and thrusting with all of your might simply tires you more quickly, and make your attack easier to dodge.

A lot of these suggestions have a similar problem. Don't get me wrong, I love For Honour. I played in the Closed Alpha, Closed Beta and Open Beta, and bought the game in pre-release. Only, the style of For Honour doesn't fit in this game.

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
  • Capitaine, 1er Fusiliers-Grenadiers.
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Louis Lonchamp
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:04:40 pm »
I read this post and I had to think about AC 3. Played the living shit out of it. Wish these kind of napoleonic era games had native american tribes even though its not the same time period But heck. It are games who the fuck cares. Killing napoleonic soldiers while sneaking with fast reloading bows is badass.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:07:20 pm by NiPhix »

Offline √etro™

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 21e Régiment d'infanterie | Caporal-Fourrier
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 21e_CplFo_Vetro
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 10:12:34 pm »
That's a lot of reading  :P

Offline SwydeBarca

• Standing Officer
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:39 am »
Killing napoleonic soldiers while sneaking with fast reloading bows is badass.

I always wondered why horse-archers weren't used against napoleonic cavalry. Sure, bows aren't as powerful as muskets, nor as easy to train with and mass produce, but you don't need a lot of power. Most cavalry back then was Hussars, and they wore very little armour. You can reload a lot faster than a dragoon and you can simply shoot at a big, unarmoured horse. Oh well.

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 12:36:08 am »
The Russians used Bashkir (and maybe Circassian?) horse-archers against the French. They were not effective. Of course, they weren't trained soldiers, either.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:37:05 am »
A de facto state of war existed between the Circassians and Russia at the time, and Russian Georgia was kept in communication with the rest of the Empire by a only fine thread (the highway from Mozdok to Tbilisi cutting through the Caucasus mountain range, secured by the lonely fort of Vladikavkaz).

But Kalmyks, Teptyars (descendants of migrants settled in Bashkiria), Nogai, Mishar and Crimean Tatars all contributed to the irregular cavalry in 1806-07 and 1812-14. The majority of non-Cossack, non-militia irregular cavalry were the Bashkirs however, which is why their name comes up much more often than the others.
Russian propaganda print - "The Northern Cupid"
[close]