Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Jumping on the field of Battle - Please fix AGS!  (Read 2450 times)

Offline DG

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Infantry Captain Dom of the KRRC
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: Jumping on the field of Battle - Please fix AGS!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:26 am »
I agree, there should be some sort of cooldown.

I've seen enemy soldiers manage to bunnyhop their way to places that they wouldn't had normally reached without it (the spawn for example) and managed to get a few kills. You have to hit that first shot at them, otherwise you may be screwed.

I'm agreeing with the men that suggest we should remove jumping, and implement a vault feature.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 08:49:13 pm »

I've seen enemy soldiers manage to bunnyhop their way to places that they wouldn't had normally reached without it (the spawn for example) and managed to get a few kills. You have to hit that first shot at them, otherwise you may be screwed.

I'm agreeing with the men that suggest we should remove jumping, and implement a vault feature.
They shouldn't remove jumping, they should just add vaulting in addition. I hate when I can't jump in games.

Offline DG

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Infantry Captain Dom of the KRRC
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2018, 10:30:25 am »

They shouldn't remove jumping, they should just add vaulting in addition. I hate when I can't jump in games.

I also hate it when i can't jump in games, however is there any need for a jump feature in this game?

It'll also stop the people that jump glitch in/on the rocks on certain maps.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:45 pm »

I also hate it when i can't jump in games, however is there any need for a jump feature in this game?

It'll also stop the people that jump glitch in/on the rocks on certain maps.
It would just be frustrating, it would also be annoying not being able to vault something but it looks like you could jump it, but you can't.

Offline Lord Blakeney

• Able Seaman
  • Nick: Lord William
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2018, 08:04:56 pm »
+1 for jump cooldown or replacement with vaulting

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
  • Talk is for lovers, lets fight!
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Le poofster
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 01:35:24 am »
First off I would like to say, "thank you for your efforts this is a wonderful game". I am sure this is not going to win me any friends. You need to limit the rifleman to 1 or 2. Really guys it is a buzz kill for your game as far as your desire to see big lines of battle fire upon one another. The rifleman make it near impossible to set one up not to mention the ability to change the game into more of a sneak around and shoot behind cover game. If your goal is to see, or push people towards a game with the romantic feel of line firing action than trust me, no trust me it is a buzz kill.

Oh the people jumping like fools is a easy fix. Just increase the vulnerability of the target during the jump, or funnier than that make the bullets magnetically attracted to jumping. Problem solved....

You have been LePoofed

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2018, 01:19:31 am »
First off I would like to say, "thank you for your efforts this is a wonderful game". I am sure this is not going to win me any friends. You need to limit the rifleman to 1 or 2. Really guys it is a buzz kill for your game as far as your desire to see big lines of battle fire upon one another. The rifleman make it near impossible to set one up not to mention the ability to change the game into more of a sneak around and shoot behind cover game. If your goal is to see, or push people towards a game with the romantic feel of line firing action than trust me, no trust me it is a buzz kill.

Oh the people jumping like fools is a easy fix. Just increase the vulnerability of the target during the jump, or funnier than that make the bullets magnetically attracted to jumping. Problem solved....

You have been LePoofed
First of all, if you want to talk about Riflemen, you should make a new thread. Secondly, they can't really do anything to make people more vulnerable during a jump. It's already easy enough to shoot jumping people because you know their exact trajectory, if they're spamming a and d, then they'll be harder to hit.

Offline 7th Fusiliers Official

• Petty Officer
  • Account of the 7th Royal Fusiliers
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 09:24:41 pm »
This also very annoying hope this gets fixed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 04:11:33 pm by 7th Fusiliers Official »