Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update  (Read 35669 times)

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Saris
Re: Developer Blog 20 - Office space. Prussia and the upcoming update
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2018, 05:03:01 am »
Do you mean Spanish troops? I don't recall Prussians being specialized in light infantry/guerilla tactics. I think you have the two nations mixed.

Offline Conway

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Leader of the 41e EU: Official Server Admin
  • Nick: [41e] Lt Conway
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2018, 05:32:35 am »
Do you mean Spanish troops? I don't recall Prussians being specialized in light infantry/guerilla tactics. I think you have the two nations mixed.
To be fair Spain didn't specialize so much as kinda gave people in the hills weapons. The Silesians are the only example I can think off. The Friekorps where must mercenary troops and Landwehr where just militia.

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2018, 11:33:11 am »
To be fair Spain didn't specialize so much as kinda gave people in the hills weapons. The Silesians are the only example I can think off. The Friekorps where must mercenary troops and Landwehr where just militia.

There were no armies specialized in guerrilla warfare at that time. There were partisan groups that operated for the various Spanish and Portuguese Juntas during the Peninsular War, who were called guerrilleros and their actions were later called guerrilla (little war). The Silesians werent trained in guerrilla warfare, they did the same job as most of the sharpshooter units in the period. To cover flanks, skirmishing, fighting in hard terrain (woodland, highland, etc) and take light defended strategic positions (bridges, small fortified positions, etc.).

Offline Rivet

• Master's Mate
  • Bóg stoi po stro­nie liczniej­szych ba­talionów.
  • Nick: Rivet
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2018, 12:15:33 pm »

There were no armies specialized in guerrilla warfare at that time. There were partisan groups that operated for the various Spanish and Portuguese Juntas during the Peninsular War, who were called guerrilleros and their actions were later called guerrilla (little war). The Silesians werent trained in guerrilla warfare, they did the same job as most of the sharpshooter units in the period. To cover flanks, skirmishing, fighting in hard terrain (woodland, highland, etc) and take light defended strategic positions (bridges, small fortified positions, etc.).

It's worth adding that in Russia the partisans was active, and of course Cossacks who specialize in everything :) Napoleon himself was aware of the strength of the partisans and Cossacks that's why, Éclaireurs of the Guard was formed and in Duchy of Warsaw Krakusi
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 12:19:40 pm by Rivet »

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2018, 01:39:39 pm »
We should be careful when using the word "partisan" to clarify when we're talking about civilians taking up arms illegally and professional soldiers acting in detachment behind enemy lines. The latter concept was nothing new in the Napoleonic era, and even had treatises written about it in the mid-18th century. Hussars in the 18th century were the partisans-de-jour, riding the fine line between regular and irregular and acquired something of a nasty reputation for their tactics. You could say Hungary specialized in that sort of fighting, if only because that's how they were frequently deployed. Naturally when Russia employed partisan detachments in 1812, hussars contributed the most officers and troopers from the regular army (excluding the cossacks of course).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:46:59 pm by Bluehawk »

Offline Geno

• Landsman
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Geno
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2018, 11:03:23 pm »
Hi there!

@Devs:

Are you still looking for voice-actors for the Prussians?  ;D

Well, I'm going to be a voice-actor. I'm not done with studying yet. I can send you some demos of my actual work, if you are interested.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm able to understand english pretty good, but I got problems with the writing.

Ah, by the way - I'm from germany.  ::)

Offline Raider

• Petty Officer
  • 41e Regiment d'Infanterie/61e CvlV
  • Nick: Raider
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2018, 02:06:19 am »
Nice to see the new space

Online Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2018, 02:55:34 am »
Hello! The blog post for the recent update will be up on our website and forums tomorrow.

We're all set for the Prussian voice actors Geno. Thank you very much for the offer!

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord