Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Game Version 0.10 - Huge Update! Bagpipers, Grenadiers, Melee, 4 Maps & More  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Intel Guardian

• Chaplain
  • Professional Retard also anime is not cool bro
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
very c00l

Offline Etherton

• Regiment Leaders
  • Post-Captain
  • What do i put here?
  • Nick: Ethertonne
It's a nice update but I can't help but think that things like proper admin tools should have been made by now. Using the console is a bit of a pain in the ass. Surely this is more important than adding new units or nations at this current stage?

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
It's a nice update but I can't help but think that things like proper admin tools should have been made by now. Using the console is a bit of a pain in the ass. Surely this is more important than adding new units or nations at this current stage?

Hello! They're both handled by separate members of our team. Working on one doesn't take away time from the other.

What kind of administrative tools would you personally suggest? We've also added more features to help out with the administration of events in the recent update.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:51:23 am by Refleax »

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
Good work, but a cheeky butt related bug:

It seems aside from the piper, most of the Highlanders of the 92nd seem to be missing their bums and upper thighs. I look forward to the patch notes mentioning the fix for this.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Nick: Refleax
We’ve just released a sneak peek of the Prussian faction.

Head over to our  Facebook or Twitter to check it out. Enjoy!

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Etherton

• Regiment Leaders
  • Post-Captain
  • What do i put here?
  • Nick: Ethertonne

Hello! They're both handled by separate members of our team. Working on one doesn't take away time from the other.

What kind of administrative tools would you personally suggest? We've also added more features to help out with the administration of events in the recent update.

Well i think it needs a proper admin menu, where you have the ability to alter class limits, password, servername, map, time, start a new map, reset the map etc like you do in the config but also an area to easily slay for OA. Perhaps a section where you can see the previous Officer Aimers, Possible teamkillers even and click on those names to be able to slay, kick, ban etc. Maybe also a button that allows you to announce alot easier or prewrite messages so you can quickly announce teams or rules?

I just think a dedicated menu for it all either when you press Esc or by maybe another button that has all of these things as commands would be good. No need to type in the console then as pressing the button would trigger the command and execute it. Could have it as default for everyone to see it but then you have to type in an admin password to unlock the ability to edit etc. Would then allow players to view the server rules aswell if they wished for their own servers if they liked how a public server was setup perhaps?

Online Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol

Well i think it needs a proper admin menu, where you have the ability to alter class limits, password, servername, map, time, start a new map, reset the map etc like you do in the config but also an area to easily slay for OA. Perhaps a section where you can see the previous Officer Aimers, Possible teamkillers even and click on those names to be able to slay, kick, ban etc. Maybe also a button that allows you to announce alot easier or prewrite messages so you can quickly announce teams or rules?

I just think a dedicated menu for it all either when you press Esc or by maybe another button that has all of these things as commands would be good. No need to type in the console then as pressing the button would trigger the command and execute it. Could have it as default for everyone to see it but then you have to type in an admin password to unlock the ability to edit etc. Would then allow players to view the server rules aswell if they wished for their own servers if they liked how a public server was setup perhaps?
Also an option to host an offline server and to test things like bullet trajectory without paying.

Offline Lamponeon Moulatarte

• Able Seaman
  • “L’imagination gouverne le monde.”
  • Faction: French Empire
First, thank you for this update, really excited to see what the future holds.

I allow myself a small purely cosmetic suggestion concerning our dear highlanders. I post an image of the little correction I have in my head at the level of the hat.

What do you think about gentlemen ? personally I find it cleaner and closer to reality.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 11:34:07 am by Lamponeon Moulatarte »

Offline Rejenorst

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Master's Mate
  • Faction: Prussia
You don't want to ruffle some feathers? :D

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • www.2tes-ir.de
  • Faction: Prussia
i like it how it is. how much bush is on his head makes the fedder itselfe

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
I don't know how you can say it's closer to reality when it's something you've never seen in reality.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

• Able Seaman
I don't know how you can say it's closer to reality when it's something you've never seen in reality.

I am hopeful that the representational (paintings, etc ...) that have reached to us and reproductions that I have been able to admire are as faithful as possible without forgetting the authentic museum pieces of course.

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
There aren't any surviving examples, and the way the feathers are depicted in period images varies wildly from one to another.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

• Able Seaman
There aren't any surviving examples, and the way the feathers are depicted in period images varies wildly from one to another.

it is true that we will always remain a little "prisoner" of the subjective vision of the artists. Anyway I wish you good luck for the rest of your work, and look forward to discovering your future creations  ;)

Online Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Commander
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans