Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Should Spain be added as a playable faction in the game?

Yes, the faction is unique and I wish to see it before any other, after France and Britain.
92 (60.1%)
Yes, the faction should be added in, but only after Prussia, Austria and Russia are added in.
49 (32%)
No, there are other more interesting factions during the time period.
12 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Voting closes: January 14, 2023, 02:43:06 pm

Author Topic: New faction - Kingdom of Spain  (Read 1824 times)

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
Re: New faction - Kingdom of Spain
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 09:53:29 pm »
My Favourite
[close]

Santisma is an awesome ship. I prefer the USS Niagara and the Ingermanland, but everyone have their preferences.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: FranciscoCC
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 12:42:51 am »
My Favourite
[close]

Santisma is an awesome ship. I prefer the USS Niagara and the Ingermanland, but everyone have their preferences.

Spoiler
[close]
Did you see Juan Sebastian el Cano? It's a training ship for the Royal Spanish Navy. It is a four-masted topsail, steel-hulled barquentine (schooner barque). Built in 1925. :)

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:56:31 am by Don_Francisco »

Offline Hector

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: Spanish Empire
  • Nick: Hector
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 12:47:50 am »
 USS Niagara is a wonderful ship but as Spanish i prefer our sebastian elcano x).  I also play naval action  :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:56:53 am by Hector »

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2017, 01:16:59 am »
kingdom of spain??? more like kingdom of sPAIN in the arse hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2017, 02:28:06 am »
kingdom of spain??? more like kingdom of sPAIN in the arse hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
Yep, We left Britain with a great pain in the arse.  8)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2017, 04:39:17 pm »
My Favourite
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Did you see Juan Sebastian el Cano? It's a training ship for the Royal Spanish Navy. It is a four-masted topsail, steel-hulled barquentine (schooner barque). Built in 1925. :)

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't know 4-masted ships existed, I thought full-rigged ships only had 3 masts. Also, is this during or after the Napoleonic Wars?

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:54 pm »
My Favourite
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

I didn't know 4-masted ships existed, I thought full-rigged ships only had 3 masts. Also, is this during or after the Napoleonic Wars?
It was built in 1925. You have more info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_ship_Juan_Sebasti%C3%A1n_Elcano

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
  • Capitaine, 1er Fusiliers-Grenadiers.
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Louis Lonchamp
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 06:54:18 pm »
I want to take back of some of my words that I said about Spain and Portugal there. I have done a bit more research and I found a more trust-able source. Mine was not really correct as I also found wrong things about  other stuff. Apologies for the misleading inconveniences!

Again I would really like to see more unique countries like Spain in this thread.

Also can I make a similair thread but then for Portugal as I like the faction itself too?

Offline huanmpth

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 61e_huanmpth
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 09:52:47 pm »
Me quiero  :)

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 09:58:01 pm »
*Post updated* A photo was added in ''Some ilustrations'', the return of the Spanish troops of the Northern Division from Denmark in 1808.

Offline Sir Kydric

• Petty Officer
  • "I order you not to die!"
  • Nick: Sir Kydric
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »
Honestly, let's see some reasons just listed of why it will be so good.

1. It hasn't been on Napoleonic Wars. There was a faction replacement mod, but it never was added in as a faction in the DLC.
2. Good-looking units with a lot of variety and a lot of information about them.
3. It will be something new compared to the already massively known Prussia, Austria and Russia. This could be a nice change.
4. Two-sided history on the conflict. You had Spain that fought against the French and a Bonapartist Spain that fought alongside them.
5. It fits the setting of the uniforms in the game. It was confirmed they are set for 1809 and during that period of the war, well the Peninsular War raged on.
6. Spanish Navy. Yes, it would be more interesting to see, if it could take a part in the naval aspect of Holdfast.
7. Expansion towards the Spanish community. Well, I'm sure they as well wanna play their own nation as most people do.

Oh yes, variety is what makes this suggestion godly, and seemingly a lot of people are up for it, so why not do it?

I hope it is added in after UK and France. Only that I couldn't change my vote to that after I started thinking what good it would make for the game.

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 08:15:41 pm »

Another cool ilustration about Regimiento de infantería de Borbón.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:50:47 pm by Don_Francisco »

Offline FirstGod

• Petty Officer
  • Hello m8
  • Nick: FirstGod
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 03:13:34 am »
Honestly, let's see some reasons just listed of why it will be so good.

1. It hasn't been on Napoleonic Wars. There was a faction replacement mod, but it never was added in as a faction in the DLC.
2. Good-looking units with a lot of variety and a lot of information about them.
3. It will be something new compared to the already massively known Prussia, Austria and Russia. This could be a nice change.
4. Two-sided history on the conflict. You had Spain that fought against the French and a Bonapartist Spain that fought alongside them.
5. It fits the setting of the uniforms in the game. It was confirmed they are set for 1809 and during that period of the war, well the Peninsular War raged on.
6. Spanish Navy. Yes, it would be more interesting to see, if it could take a part in the naval aspect of Holdfast.
7. Expansion towards the Spanish community. Well, I'm sure they as well wanna play their own nation as most people do.

Oh yes, variety is what makes this suggestion godly, and seemingly a lot of people are up for it, so why not do it?

I hope it is added in after UK and France. Only that I couldn't change my vote to that after I started thinking what good it would make for the game.

+1
Dar ejemplo no es la principal manera de instruir sobre los demás; es la única manera.
An example is not the main way to instruct on the others ; it's the only way.

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 03:49:45 pm »
It was confirmed they are set for 1809 and during that period of the war, well the Peninsular War raged on.

What the hell? It was never confirmed that the game was set in 1809, they even made a post stating that they wouldn't tie themselves to that time period.

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • 7e Ligne | Capitaine-Adjudant-Major
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
[5:27 PM] Refleax: Hey! Thank you very much. Most of our uniforms are based from 1809 but we don't specifically stick to a particular year as long as it's within the Napoleonic era. We feel that it's better for the game this way since we won't be limiting ourselves when it comes to the inclusion of additional content in the game.