Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Yes or no?

Yes, I would love to see Portugal and Spain added to this game for a more Peninsular look and to have more unique factions.
52 (61.9%)
No, give us Russia and the other main factions.
32 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: New faction - Kingdom of Portugal  (Read 1928 times)

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Viriathus
Re: New faction - Kingdom of Portugal
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:23 pm »
I should include your explanation into the Main post if I may.
Yea go ahead
History Peasant
YouTube channel about History
#PortugueseForum

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
  • Owner of NIPEX - Graphics Design.
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: NIPEX
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 02:50:01 pm »
Nice thanks. :)

Offline Mrbutter101

• Landsman
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 02:58:52 am »
Yes adding Portugal as a faction would ad more depth to the game but It should be added after all the major nations are added Russia Prussia eat.

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 03:47:47 am »
I think we should stop putting the spotlight on the big, over-used nations like Austria, Prussia, Russia, etc, and focus more on the medium-ish nations like Spain, Sweden, Portugal, Denmark, etc. I like the big nations particularly Russia, but these smaller nations are so interested yet don't get the attention that they deserve.

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Cyan
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 11:40:27 am »
The problem with smaller nations is a lack of sources about them. For example, we have a huge amount of drawings, paintings, equipment etc. for France and UK. If we want the whole faction we need the whole roster from private to colonel with epaulets buttons and all details of uniforms. Then we need at least few regiments to make a faction so we need even more of those.

Offline Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 12:15:43 pm »
Buddy, I got reference for every nation coming out of my ears.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2017, 12:44:17 pm »
Realy?  :o ofc it is very interesting to have regiments and nations wich are not often part of a game, but the "overused" regular nations should always be a part of a game in that timelime. It is also an selling argument for the less history interested guys to fight on a side they read in a regular history book, not one of spain or portugal...  :P  :P  :P overused from my view not true if there is only a hand full of games in that timeline.

Why spain? Why portugal? That much guys from there? Or peoples wich watched "Richard Sharpe"? Sure it is interesting but more than a european campain with russia austria and prussia, or the battles there?

Offline Sinjide

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: Sinjide
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »
I personally believe Prussia, Russia and Austria are way more interesting.

The game isn't even out, and yet everyone would like to add his own faction, while I think a standard would be to add the major ones first.  :D

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2017, 12:58:36 pm »
I think devs should focus on coding first than adding factions :*

Offline Sinjide

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: Sinjide
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2017, 01:01:07 pm »

Yup, there is indeed much to do before.

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2017, 08:24:52 pm »

True thing! The most important is a fast work on the melee and shooting physics and the main maps for release the game fast in an early acess phase as they said and after that step by step new stuff we all waiting for. There is a lot of discussions about diffrent things for the game what should be or not should be. But after all i want to play a game with the main physics in near future and i will pay for it.   8)

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:10 pm »
Why spain? Why portugal? That much guys from there? Or peoples wich watched "Richard Sharpe"? Sure it is interesting but more than a european campain with russia austria and prussia, or the battles there?

Well, the main issue I have with the big players is that they are used so often it becomes boring. I love Russia, but if I want to play it I can go on NW, L'Aigle, Fire & Sword, Napoleon: TW, etc.

I would like to see some of the less seen nations. Also, Spain isn't an obscure or unpopular country. Habsburg Spain was the most powerful country of its time. At the time of the Napoleonic Wars, it had the biggest colonial empire by far, and the spanish Armada was one of the strongest in the world, along with the British and the Dutch. Its armies were impressive, and it is still remembered today as one of the great powers of the Europe. I would definetely put it against Austria or even Prussia.

The game isn't even out, and yet everyone would like to add his own faction, while I think a standard would be to add the major ones first.  :D

Same argument as before. Prussia, Russia and Austria are very interesting countries for sure (especially Russia <3 ), but they are used to often it gets sickening. Give peace small nations a chance.

Offline CyanKeso

• Purser
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 04:50:35 pm »

Well, the main issue I have with the big players is that they are used so often it becomes boring. I love Russia, but if I want to play it I can go on NW, L'Aigle, Fire & Sword, Napoleon: TW, etc.

I would like to see some of the less seen nations. Also, Spain isn't an obscure or unpopular country. Habsburg Spain was the most powerful country of its time. At the time of the Napoleonic Wars, it had the biggest colonial empire by far, and the spanish Armada was one of the strongest in the world, along with the British and the Dutch. Its armies were impressive, and it is still remembered today as one of the great powers of the Europe. I would definetely put it against Austria or even Prussia.

Same argument as before. Prussia, Russia and Austria are very interesting countries for sure (especially Russia <3 ), but they are used to often it gets sickening. Give peace small nations a chance.

I want to see good game mechanics with well animated 2 factions than having 20 factions of handicapped, disabled monsters from the depths of hell.

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2017, 06:37:04 pm »
I want to see good game mechanics with well animated 2 factions than having 20 factions of handicapped, disabled monsters from the depths of hell.

See my reply there

http://www.holdfastgame.com/forum/index.php?topic=1259.0

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 07:19:37 pm »
kingdom of portugal???? more like kingdom of POORtugal lmaoooooo