Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Melee suggestions/idea's, come share them here!  (Read 4979 times)

Offline SK

• Master's Mate
  • SK, 92nd Edward MacKay
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: Melee suggestions/idea's, come share them here!
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2017, 06:02:25 pm »
Indeed, these are good suggestions, especially the reload and ballistics stuff. I don't think a 4 man arty crew would work though, probably too complicated for this sort of game. But I think a 2 man crew would be a good compromise between gameplay and realism. I also would like round shot to do less explosive damage, but maybe have it bounce further to make up for it.
  :o

Offline Julian Schaalje

• Landsman
Re: Naval suggestions/idea's, !
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2017, 09:30:56 pm »
Naval idea: If you hit the ship, it will be nice if you see the holes in there.

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 15e Recrue
« Reply #137 on: September 29, 2017, 01:13:40 am »
Naval idea: If you hit the ship, it will be nice if you see the holes in there.

This thread is for melee suggestions. If you want to discuss naval, make a thread about it ;D

Offline Dutch

• Landsman
« Reply #138 on: September 29, 2017, 09:51:01 am »
The combat since the server latency fix has been improved. However, the combat is still very clunky and hitboxes very small, the hitboxes are very accurate around the character, don't get me wrong. However, because bayonets are so accurate when thrusting you'll most likely miss alot. Swords are very bias in Holdfast, and have super quick swing animations. Can we do something about this?

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2017, 01:47:24 pm »
The combat since the server latency fix has been improved. However, the combat is still very clunky and hitboxes very small, the hitboxes are very accurate around the character, don't get me wrong. However, because bayonets are so accurate when thrusting you'll most likely miss alot. Swords are very bias in Holdfast, and have super quick swing animations. Can we do something about this?

Yes, indeed! We will be working on a new set of sword animations. The hitbox will also be looked into.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Marceaux

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Capitaine du 3ème Régiment de Grenadiers à Pied
  • Nick: 3eGren Cpt Marc
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2017, 11:30:27 pm »

Yes, indeed! We will be working on a new set of sword animations. The hitbox will also be looked into.

What about the overall speed/delay of blocks and attacks with a bayonet? :)

Offline elhlyn

• Landsman
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2017, 11:49:56 pm »
This may sound really petty, but I would really like for bayonets to be detachable and have an effect on a musket.besides of how awesome it would be when a regiment in sync fix bayonets, I do find it kinda silly that when you reload in first person, you kinda look like you're slitting your wrists when ramming the bullet in. The only benifit of having a bayonet fixed on your gun is quick and easy response (as appose to having to take a short moment to fix and remove bayonets) the downside could be that accuracy is hampered (which is true, this is why bayonets aren't always fixed on rifles in combat). granted, the hampered accuracy of a MUSKET isn't too big of a deal so maybe it takes a bit more time to reload your musket with a bayonet fixed on it (after all, it's sharp and pointy)

Offline Intel Guardian

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Not A Weeb
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2017, 12:24:19 am »
It seems pretty niche. Most line infantry and a lot of light infantry had their bayonets fixed almost all the time, though I guess it would be nice for rifles.
The Fresh Emperor of France: In west Corsica born and raised, In the Tuileries Palace was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' annexin' all cool and all, Shooting some Spaniards outside of the Madrid
When a couple of Austrians who were up to no good, Started invading allies in my neighborhood
I got in one little war and Britain got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Saint Helena."

Offline TooL69

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #143 on: October 08, 2017, 01:56:22 pm »
Why bayonets / sabers began to kill with one blow? Is this what you call a good balance?

Offline Anthony

• Ordinary Seaman
  • "Man is born to live but not prepared"Boris Paster
  • Nick: BIG TONY
« Reply #144 on: October 13, 2017, 08:13:13 pm »

+1
What about the overall speed/delay of blocks and attacks with a bayonet? :)

Offline NickCole

• Able Seaman
  • Worst Player in NA
  • Nick: WorstNANickCole
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2017, 02:17:16 am »
All I'm saying is if holdfast melee doesn't improve in about a month of two the game will die faster. If Holdfast melee an become alot better then tons of more people will buy the game especially competitive players. I would say improve people's movement with a bayonet like the block is kinda slow and you can barely move much when you are in melee mode with a musket.

Offline Royalist

• Standing Officer
    • 45th Regiment of Hampshire
  • Nick: 45th | Royalist
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2017, 02:16:47 pm »
Why bayonets / sabers began to kill with one blow? Is this what you call a good balance?
Getting stabed and slashed kind of.. hurts..

Online Almqvist

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Swede of the year
    • Svea Livgarde
  • Nick: Almqvist
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2017, 02:43:56 pm »
I just get annoyed when it takes 3 hits to kill that goddamn flagbearer
"Gardet dör, det ger sig inte!" ("La Garde meurt, elle ne se rend pas!")

Offline Sgt.Nightfire

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2017, 04:44:28 am »
When you take a knee, you cannot switch from bayonet to musket and vice versa. This is incredibly annoying as sometimes in first person i forgot i was kneeling and got pissed why my bayonet would not come out.

Offline Faultier

• Petty Officer
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2017, 09:38:45 pm »
Yeah they should fix it that players can abort reloading by klicking right mouse button and than change to bayonet.

Btw: It would be also a nice feature for light infantry/riflemen if you could attach/remove the bayonet. Fixed for close combat while removed bayonets will increase the accuracy a bit. As disadvantage your melee attack with unattached bayonets (buttstock) will be less lethal