Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: In game Musicians.  (Read 599 times)

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: James | Michael
In game Musicians.
« on: April 10, 2017, 03:11:25 am »
Here are some really nice clips of some young men and woman who, in the hard corners of the Internet I found, and will have the pleasure of hopefully working with in the future.
Keep in mind not all the tunes are related to the war in Europe, but here are all of them anyway. Perhaps some Ideas the devs could use for music?

Rule Britannia

Drummer Call

The Harriot

Yankee Doodle

Lilliburlero

Moon and Seven Stars

I'll Touzle Your Kurchy

Copahen Quickstep

Bashful Maiden

Bung Your Eye

Actually if a mod could move this to game discussion that would be great  :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:21:52 pm by Brock »

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
Re: In game Musicians.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 02:48:03 pm »
What about background game music as well?

While it did sound nice the classical stuff they did for the Warband DLC really didn't fit the actual game (I turned it off and put the music files in my music folder for personal use instead).

Offline Norwegian

• Master's Mate
  • За Государя!
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: [Pgp] Norwegian
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »

While it did sound nice the classical stuff they did for the Warband DLC really didn't fit the actual game (I turned it off and put the music files in my music folder for personal use instead).

I actually love the classical music that they have in NW, and I think it fits quite nicely. What kind of music would you prefer to have over that?

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2017, 05:20:36 pm »

I actually love the classical music that they have in NW, and I think it fits quite nicely. What kind of music would you prefer to have over that?

probs not Mendelssohn's wedding march

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician/Organist
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 12:10:20 am »

True you do realize that song is for a play in which the Bride runs off and Kills Herself.
Spoiler
[close]
Other than that I would like when in different transitions if you have a body of line all next to each other you can faintly hear the sound of drums but more prominently if you have a drummer boy. And now that I am thinking what if you are an officer or higher ranking officer you hear the sound of Preludes and Postludes and Chorus's and More of the upper class music you had during the War.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 12:52:20 pm »

True you do realize that song is for a play in which the Bride runs off and Kills Herself.
Spoiler
[close]

Doesnt matter what it was written for, its more associated with weddings today, rather than bayoneting somebody in the chest

Offline Coldstreamer

• Petty Officer
  • Cymbalist and Leader of NA Company of 41stNY
  • Nick: Justin
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 03:03:09 pm »

Spoiler
[close]

Doesnt matter what it was written for, its more associated with weddings today, rather than bayoneting somebody in the chest

Well both is a pain, so..  and it kills peoples too :P

Offline Elitesniperz

• Landsman
  • Nick: Elite
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 09:28:05 pm »
Aswell as this I think musicians should be a bit more important to an army and give more significant effects to an army. Such as if they are playing then stamina re gen for the soldiers rises because of the increase of morale and want to win!