Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Would you like the aiming system to be as described below?

Yes, that would be an ineteresting addition to the game and would make regimental battles and casual battles look more realistic and exciting.
No, the game should have only the ability to present and the Make Ready would be automatically done by an animation before presenting.
I would have no problem in this being added.

Author Topic: [Please Vote!] The System of Aiming: Make Ready animation before Presenting  (Read 394 times)

Offline Sir Kydric

• Able Seaman
  • Colour Serjeant of the 58th Rutlandshire Regiment
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Sir Kydric
What Napoleonic Wars lacked as a system was the ability to have the Make Ready stance before presenting.

So what I am suggesting is for the system to work like this.

1. Imagine you are standing, normally without moving   ------->  2.Then you click RMB one time and it Makes Ready   ------->   3. Then you click RMB once more and it presents  ------->   
   4. Then you click LMB to Fire.

-------------- --------------

!!!You can skip the Make Ready phase and directly go to Presenting, if you hold your Right Mouse Button long enough to go through that animation.!!!

Video Variant of what I showed above:

What do you think? Will this be a good edition or a bad one?

Give some feedback down below with your ideas.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 07:21:04 pm by Sir Kydric »

Offline Napoleonic Wars

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 42nd Regiment of Foot/Anglo-Portuguese Army
An aiming system like this would be fantastic. I could see this be implemented in a hardcore mode.
42nd Regiment of Foot
Anglo-Portuguese Army
North America and Europe

Offline Harris1815

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician
  • Nick: Harris
I would say this is very similar to the way WoR handles firing but it is cool so.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Sir Kydric

• Able Seaman
It just adds more immersiveness to the game I'd say and especially when you get more people in a line, even on casual and not a regimental organized event it is going to be both historically accurate, but add a touch of difficulty that would make the game even more skill based for leaders, since now they have to work with that fact.

Offline Brock

• Chaplain
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael

this one is better..

Offline Sir Kydric

• Able Seaman

this one is better..

Yeah Ill put it ontop. Thanks.

Offline Zahari

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: French Empire
Would be nice to have it

Offline Blaze

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 79th_Col_Jamie_Williams
As pointed out by individuals in previous posts, this indeed would be splendid, not only would it add more realism to the game for people who play those types of game to get the feel of how it would've been back then, it would also be great for regiments who wish to take the game more seriously, by rping (Historical Names,PTS Ect) not only that this would be historically accurate and I think would be a great addition to the game.

Offline Coldstreamer

• Able Seaman
  • Training Assistant in ROTC and Cymbalist
  • Nick: Justin
I would like for historical reasons, but also I would hate it because it would waste those 4 seconds..

Offline Nurdbot

• Petty Officer
  • Just another old snoddy
While it is a neat idea, how does this cover casual close range hip fire firing without the drills?

It seems to be Holdfast is certainly going to be more musketry orientated which makes sense due to the era. Since drummers also are now packing heat I strongly expect if cavalry due make an appearince and they too will be lugging with them pistols and carbines which I imagine will be used in  close range?

Offline Coldstreamer

• Able Seaman
  • Training Assistant in ROTC and Cymbalist
  • Nick: Justin
While it is a neat idea, how does this cover casual close range hip fire firing without the drills?

It seems to be Holdfast is certainly going to be more musketry orientated which makes sense due to the era. Since drummers also are now packing heat I strongly expect if cavalry due make an appearince and they too will be lugging with them pistols and carbines which I imagine will be used in  close range?

To continue on your note, it would be awesome for cav to have carbines, and to be able to fire from the under arm, to make it a kind of "Hit and Run" sort of maneuver..

Offline Nurdbot

• Petty Officer
  • Just another old snoddy
Yeah, even if they were limited to just firing in front of them at close range that'd be neat.

Offline mikeosix

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Nr33Riko Travis
Of course making ready will be a great deal of realism and is needed for games like this to differentiate itself from games like Mount and blade Napoleonic, I have seen this implemented into War of Rights and it makes for a very awesome volley fire.

Offline Sir Kydric

• Able Seaman
Yeah. The point of this is to be implemented in general, but I am sure the community would love to see it atleast put in some sort of Realism Mode, or Hardcore Mode. The suggestion is pretty good and seeing the last video with the really fast present speed of the musket, this would definetely help deal around that need to be fixed mechanic.
What do you guys think?