Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Motion Capture suggestion. [Game Changing]  (Read 393 times)

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: James | Michael
Motion Capture suggestion. [Game Changing]
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:07:12 pm »
In case you don't know what motion capture is.

So developers I found a really great solution to all your animation needs. Sure it may be expensive but overwhelmingly worth it. This entire suggestion is more of something thats possible upon early access release, when the funds start flooding in (hopefully). This stage of development it rather good before the game comes out of early access.

The animations look good so far. I was thinking if you have enough resources. to for each song in the game that is played by musicians, to use motion capture, this way you update two things as you said. The audio from the professional musicians in the studio, as well as each hand movement they use for each song. Just imagine how realistic and the quality of the game could be at that point. I find it expensive, but very worth.

Also since you could incorporate this into musicians, imagine doing it for this.

https://youtu.be/9cD-uLzR65Y?t=20

Yes, all solider animations. all movement orders, arms orders. ALSO, could you imagine how awesome combat animation would look with this thing? Can you imagine ragdolls? It would be f*cking beautiful.

If you have variations (5-8) for every marching order, arms order, and everything else, you get an incredible amount of realism and quality. Something again, NW was missing.

Doing all this to the extent I am talking about Is very expensive, but if you accomplish everything, it really is an amazing thing.

Side note, imagine horses, incomparable realism and quality one again. Yes it is possible.

Perhaps some less expensive alternatives.

that one may of been a little to extensive.

Keep in mind I aint an expert on this stuff.

I have very high hopes with this technology and how it could be implemented here.

Please let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:05:50 pm by Brock »

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
Re: Motion Capture suggestion. W.I.P For Musicians and Soldiers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »
ok

Offline Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 05:55:30 pm »
ok

This could be a bigger deal that you can comprehend, same with me. I expected a little larger reaction  :-[

Literally game changing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 06:00:55 pm by Brock »

Offline cyberlegend

• Petty Officer
  • i do commissions msg me for my paypal
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 06:41:12 pm »
ok

This could be a bigger deal that you can comprehend, same with me. I expected a little larger reaction  :-[

Literally game changing.

i dont even know how to read

Offline Harris1815

• Master's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician/Organist
  • Nick: Harris
Re: Motion Capture suggestion. [Game Changing]
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:38:18 pm »
Looks wonderful Brock but I am waiting for Refleax to say They have thought about it and May do that if funds make it necessary. But Honestly I doesn't need to be Full sail type anyway considering most people that try to go to full sail can't afford for the work unless they go to EA or some Triple A company.
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 12:36:18 am »
Looks wonderful Brock but I am waiting for Refleax to say They have thought about it and May do that if funds make it necessary. But Honestly I doesn't need to be Full sail type anyway considering most people that try to go to full sail can't afford for the work unless they go to EA or some Triple A company.

Holdfast: Nations at War Season Pass

Unlock a musket that every regiment has but with a little engraving you can only see from one angle which looks like a thumb print!
Unlock the USMC
Unlock a brand new eyebrow hair!

Only $99.99, buy one and get another free!

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
Precisely, although this process will yes indeed be easier for Animation needs, it would be quite the expense. Although I am not fully disagreeing with your point, I am pointing out a very big con which would affect this whole process happening.

Google Search
[close]