Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Which nation should be introduced next into the game?

Prussia
993 (39.7%)
Austria
305 (12.2%)
Russia
307 (12.3%)
Spain
447 (17.9%)
Ottoman Empire
342 (13.7%)
Confederation of the Rhine
110 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2504

Voting closed: October 28, 2017, 09:05:27 pm

Author Topic: A new nation to join the conflict! Cast your vote  (Read 60909 times)

Offline DaZZer

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: A new nation to join the conflict! Cast your vote
« Reply #540 on: January 21, 2018, 10:27:26 pm »
Would of been awesome to see the Confederation of the Rhine or the Ottoman Empire win since they were never added to Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars but oh well maybe in the future.
Hahaha

Offline Mousecatcher

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 51st Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #541 on: January 23, 2018, 07:39:16 pm »
Generaly it was Russia where Napoleon suffered his greatest losses/defeat = main turning point of era, begining of end. Spaniards (and brits on Peninsula) were more annoyance and resource waste in global scale, than real game changer.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:07:09 pm by Mousecatcher »

Offline Duke_Countu

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #542 on: February 21, 2018, 02:38:42 pm »
Majority of the uniforms are from 1809, with the latest being from 1811. The devs have stated that they want the game to be primarily based on 1809.

God I hope they reconsider that, Russian uniforms should be 1812-onward.

Offline FirstGod

• Standing Officer
  • Hello m8
  • Nick: FirstGod
« Reply #543 on: February 28, 2018, 12:01:57 am »
I haven't run the numbers precisely, but I'm almost certain the Spanish fought and won more battles against the French than anyone else in the era. The rebel Spanish army and their guerilla allies were perhaps the greatest force leading to Napoleon's downfall.
I said field army, the rebels no doubt played a vital role in aiding the liberation of Spain. But in the end it what British involvement aided by the Spanish countryside that caused greater french involvement and thus hurt the French Empire. I doubt that without British involvement the Peninsular War would never have been a major impediment to Napoleon. Which is why I don't think Spain is prominent enough to overshadow nations such as Russia and Austria, Russia, which was the reason why Napoleon was defeated and Austria, the nation that was steady fighting battles.

Unfortunately there is a Myth about the British Help during the Peninsular Campaign it was Spain who fought most of the battles, and they were the ones who defeated the french, obviously the Anglo-Portuguese was important but not so important like you want to see.
Dar ejemplo no es la principal manera de instruir sobre los demás; es la única manera.
An example is not the main way to instruct on the others ; it's the only way.

Offline Mousecatcher

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 51st Regiment of Foot
« Reply #544 on: February 28, 2018, 04:03:24 pm »
FirstGod, well, its just like all history - there is prevailing narrative (of victors who write history), so to say.

Generaly in so called anglosaxon world (and this is VERY culturaly and otherwise influentual part of world), redcoats are more or less "good guys" and all that follows. They won war and others just hepled them a little. Indeed in other countries who took part in napoleonic wars we have other narratives, but they are far less infueltual.

Truth always somewhere in middle. But no one likes it there.

Its just all how human nature and nature of states works. This is normal. And games are products of age and all this historical/cultural narratives/current trends in society. And here comes all kinds of double standards. Like [almost] everyone happy with endless brutal killing of german/japanesse soldiers in WW2 settings (certifed forever "bad guys"), but if you make AAA game and call it lets say "Slave trader"... RPG about character who raids Africa and kill and capture black people to sell them for profit in Americas (absolutly 200% historical thing), you will be flayed alive, burned, beheaded and hanged as demonic, unhuman rasist.

Sorrry for offtop, this is interesting topic. About historical mythology and modern society.

P.S. But Holdfast is nice neutral game in all this, by the way. With respect to all sides.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:56:07 pm by Mousecatcher »

Offline Viriathus

• Community Liaison (PT)
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #545 on: March 01, 2018, 11:48:37 am »
I haven't run the numbers precisely, but I'm almost certain the Spanish fought and won more battles against the French than anyone else in the era. The rebel Spanish army and their guerilla allies were perhaps the greatest force leading to Napoleon's downfall.
I said field army, the rebels no doubt played a vital role in aiding the liberation of Spain. But in the end it what British involvement aided by the Spanish countryside that caused greater french involvement and thus hurt the French Empire. I doubt that without British involvement the Peninsular War would never have been a major impediment to Napoleon. Which is why I don't think Spain is prominent enough to overshadow nations such as Russia and Austria, Russia, which was the reason why Napoleon was defeated and Austria, the nation that was steady fighting battles.

Unfortunately there is a Myth about the British Help during the Peninsular Campaign it was Spain who fought most of the battles, and they were the ones who defeated the french, obviously the Anglo-Portuguese was important but not so important like you want to see.
Spain had an army of around 80 000-90 000 troops, compared to the British Army of 50 000-55 000 troops and Portuguese of 30 000-40 000 troops, so of course Spain has a big role in the Peninsular War, which is also known as the Spanish Independence War... But the Anglo-Portuguese Army had a big role in the Peninsular War too. Capturing key French garrisons, financing and aiding with equipment to the Spanish forces and ship new supplies to the peninsula.

Offline FirstGod

• Standing Officer
  • Hello m8
  • Nick: FirstGod
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2018, 07:58:30 pm »

Spain had an army of around 80 000-90 000 troops, compared to the British Army of 50 000-55 000 troops and Portuguese of 30 000-40 000 troops, so of course Spain has a big role in the Peninsular War, which is also known as the Spanish Independence War... But the Anglo-Portuguese Army had a big role in the Peninsular War too. Capturing key French garrisons, financing and aiding with equipment to the Spanish forces and ship new supplies to the peninsula.

No offense but Spain had more Men than the ones you typed, also the British Support was important yeah but its true that ``Our Allies`` destroyed the Spanish Crops, and factories just becouse we were a threat to them, after the war. For example the destruction of:Buen Retiro Porcelain Factory - Real Fábrica del Buen Retiro.
Dar ejemplo no es la principal manera de instruir sobre los demás; es la única manera.
An example is not the main way to instruct on the others ; it's the only way.

Offline J. Campbell

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Master Corporal - 104th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: John Campbell
« Reply #547 on: April 25, 2018, 11:09:48 pm »
I would love to see Austria, Russia, Spain, and the Rhein added into the game!

Offline Pepe Le Pew

• Landsman
  • Nick: Pepe Le Pew
« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2018, 12:21:27 pm »
For me the Austrians would seem to be most fitting as they were the most active army outside of the French....

Offline Irregular Alcoholic

• Chaplain
  • Bamboleo!!!!Bamboleo!
« Reply #549 on: June 21, 2018, 08:40:27 pm »
new poll?

Online Saga

• Regiment Leaders
  • Captain
  • Bite my shiny metal ass.
    • 4th Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: Henry Evans

Offline Czechu

• Petty Officer
  • Gefreiter, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Nick: Czechu
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Wolfster

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • 44th Maj Edwin Parker

Full-Time Lettings Negotiator.

Online Jackson

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2018, 09:12:31 pm »
Cease this quotery at once.
-Freelance character designer for Holdfast: Nations At War.

Offline Viriathus

• Community Liaison (PT)
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Nick: [BC1] Viriathus
« Reply #554 on: June 24, 2018, 02:47:32 pm »
Let them add the last units and fix some bugs, then they might think of a next faction.