Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Face editors.  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Feldmarschall_Ben

• Able Seaman
  • Gott sch├╝tze den Kaiser!
    • My Imperial Army forum
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: FeldMrshl_Ben
Re: Face editors.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 06:44:41 pm »
Having an unique and individual face would be totally cool and in a game with such a huge multiplayer or actually even multiplayer being the very spotlight of it it's almost mandatory.

I was somehow dissapointed for example when I first played this mmofps planetside2 and there were just 2 or 3 different faces to choose from. The devs there also acknowledged this as being a problem because many people and that surely is a majority want to construct and individualize their own character. In PS2 the devs choose to make them wear all sorts of helmets and few different armors (microtransactions-wise) and that was a huge success. That's a thing a historical game could never do.

Something would be missing in this game if there was no "face-editor". And in case of seing horribly creature-like-characters that can be solved if regiments or crews act against this. In NW my cuirassier-regiment chose that no one can be a member when having a shaved face or being black. Not that either of this attributes would be described as creature-like, dont get me wrong, however restrictions can be made when there are groups preserving that.

In the end, whats wrong with some ugly bandits, not everyone can have the face of an angel :D

The Imperial Army defends the honor of his Imperial Majesty, the Kaiser of Austria.

Offline Owen

• Midshipman's Mate
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 06:51:24 pm »
It's hard to have a balanced system between freedom & historical ... And we are m&b community so we don't know the term "restricted"

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
besides alot of us brits at the time were inbred so we need to be able to make our selves  ugly

u still are

Offline Nurdbot

• Petty Officer
  • Just another old snoddy
  • Faction: British Empire
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 08:43:26 pm »
Honestly even if the face creator is a bit more plain and restricted I'd be happier if uniforms and equipment got more diversity and choice to make up for it instead.

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Jacob_Rees-Mogg, MP
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2017, 08:43:52 pm »
Honestly even if the face creator is a bit more plain and restricted I'd be happier if uniforms and equipment got more diversity and choice to make up for it instead.
Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline SirJames

• Petty Officer
  • [85e][Cpt]SirJames
  • Nick: SirJames
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2017, 11:00:37 pm »
Yes please

Offline lonedoge

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Waterford
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2017, 12:17:26 am »
Should be allowed do anything you want with your in game face its not like it stops you from having a serious face

Offline Truth

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: Truth
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2017, 06:49:59 am »
Hope the face editor isn't too restricted!

Offline physic58

• Landsman
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 11:14:28 am »
I found the mount and blade face editor to be pretty good, although it could of used more face model skins.

Offline Shrek

• Ordinary Seaman
  • autoblocker
  • Nick: Shrek
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 01:03:14 am »
I don't care what you do to the retard faces,but for the love of god,make females not fucking ugly.

It takes me like 15 minutes to get a good female char in warband,and even then it's barely a 7/10.

Offline Super_

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Captain of the 3rd Regiment of Foot
  • Nick: William Lloyd
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 02:11:52 am »
Definitely an important part of a multiplayer game but probably doesn't need as much depth as the one on M&B which had so much scope it made retarded faces easier to create than regular ones.

Offline NiPhix

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: 23e Capitaine
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 08:55:11 am »
No females in the NW era as military pls. It destroys the immersion. Gotta hate the annoying voice spam ffs.

Offline Gojkov

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Vi victa vis
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 02:47:44 pm »
Sexist accusations incoming Neaxus, brace yourself! xD

Offline Nurdbot

• Petty Officer
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 03:03:01 pm »
If high weird voices break your immersion playing these games, how do you use TeamSpeak then?

There was a small percentage of hidden woman, no doubt a few hundred of them served during the two decade conflict that was fought through most of Europe. It would be silly to think otherwise with the hundreds of thousands of men curious, bored or desperate women wouldn't secrelty get involved.

Elenore Prochasla was one of the few that was discovered. Other well hidden women no doubt died with the men and were just tossed into the mass graves because a dead soldier looked like a dead soldier especially being exposed to the elements. Women also involved themselves fighting against the French in several of the famous Spanish city sieges and even in the French Revolution they experimented with raising a volunteer female regiment at one stage.

Offline NiPhix

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: 23e Capitaine
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 08:48:29 pm »
Sexist accusations incoming Neaxus, brace yourself! xD

Ayy :c

Women in war are like heretics! BURN THEM.