Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Different troops?  (Read 1308 times)

Online NiPhix

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 'Sup.
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: R18 NiPhix
Different troops?
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:37:46 pm »
So yeah we know we can be captains and being a line infantry. But are they just characters so you have to choose between or are we having to get legit couple of regiments to choose from like the choose troop screen in NW?

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Gurkha
Re: Different troops?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:51:54 pm »
There should be like a "Create a Regiment" feature, I'm not an expert on other nations but for UK should have the options to pick, shakos, plume colours, regiment badges/backpack/numbering, uniform facings etc.

Online NiPhix

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 'Sup.
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: R18 NiPhix
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 06:02:55 pm »
That would be lit.

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
  • I am indeed a ball wearing a hat.
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »
There should be like a "Create a Regiment" feature

Offline Mason

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Nick: Mason
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 06:25:28 pm »

Offline Legion

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 06:46:04 pm »

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 07:15:35 pm »
There should be like a "Create a Regiment" feature, I'm not an expert on other nations but for UK should have the options to pick, shakos, plume colours, regiment badges/backpack/numbering, uniform facings etc.

I actually really like this idea, the only down side I can see with this is will you be able to share the uniform that you make, because imagine trying to get new recruits to sit there while you go through everything they have to customise.

Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 07:18:41 pm »
I actually really like this idea, the only down side I can see with this is will you be able to share the uniform that you make, because imagine trying to get new recruits to sit there while you go through everything they have to customise.

Maybe there could be an 'approved uniform' list or something, so that people can share skins that don't have dicks and swastikas all over them. Or maybe when you generate a uniform it could create a randomised code.

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 07:22:30 pm »

Maybe there could be an 'approved uniform' list or something, so that people can share skins that don't have dicks and swastikas all over them. Or maybe when you generate a uniform it could create a randomised code.

The randomised code is a really good idea actually, easy to share yet still gives you full customisation.

Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline Legion

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »
You could have uniform presets that you customize in the main menu, that way when you join the game you can quickly select the preset that you created.

This way regiment leaders can list the allowed uniform items and each member can customize it in the menu then select it in-game.

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »
To be honest, saying all this, it's probably just going to be the same as NW.

Offline Dip

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: 1erPLG St Szwol
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 10:56:34 pm »
how about when getting into a server, you choose the nation and you choose what type (ie: inf, [sub under inf]guards, cav [sub under cav] guard cav [sub under guard cav]hussars, lancers, heavy cav, dragoons, [sub under cav]hussars, lancers, heavy cav, dragoons, navy [if it's allowed with ship and land units like coastal seige, and if there's no land just navy] [sub under nay] sailors, marines, arty, lights/skirms), then you select the regiment that was part of that type in the nation; and for formality it would be arranged from the older regiment to the more recently made (1er at the top going down to 2e, 3e, 4e, and so on) until the last reg that participated in the war shows up at the very bottom. I expect them not to make every reg, which is why they would leave out some regiments that didnt fight at all or were just garrisoned at cities. If someone made a reg that was a "not-so-popular" reg maybe this is were mods come in and make that unit's uniform replacing a exiting reg like in NW with adding skins that replace the given reg shown in the game.

Offline Blaze

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 79th_Col_Jamie_Williams
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 06:03:28 pm »
To be honest, saying all this, it's probably just going to be the same as NW.
Indeed that's what I think as well I highly doubt they will only have one regiment to choose from I think their would be a variety.

Offline Owen

• Midshipman's Mate
  • The Flying Baguette's Captain
    • Steam
  • Nick: Owen
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 07:06:47 pm »
Nah I think regiment will focus on a liked model and not playing everything, but indeed it would be great

Offline Napoleonic Wars

• Master's Mate
  • 42nd Regiment of Foot/Anglo-Portuguese Army
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 08:59:15 pm »
I hope there will be Highlanders/Scotsmen.
42nd Regiment of Foot
Anglo-Portuguese Army
North America and Europe