Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Game Modes - Share with us your ideas!  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Harris1815

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Harris
Re: Game Modes - Share with us your ideas!
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 10:53:56 pm »
Hey everyone! I have an awesome idea for a gamemode and I thought I share it with you guys.

This type of gamemode would focus on the battlefield, not on the naval battles, but who knows. There would be one general on each side ( 1 french, 1 british ) who gives the orders to the line infantry's officers, and they fulfil the action with their soldiers. The generals and the officers would have a map where the general could make/draw these plans (where/when should they go, charge,retire, etc.). Every officer would be able to see what the general draws. If the general dies then... I don't know what should happen :DD .

This is not exactly a "gamemode", rather a function, feature in the line battles. This kind of gamemode could be used for the events. I've made an image where you can see the main functionality of this.

Spoiler
[close]

The generals could draw different type of arrows for every command: move, charge, flank and so on. I think it's not impossible to implement, may takes some time but I would love to see this in game. I hope you like it, please give me back some feedback about this stuff, thanks. (Sorry for the mistakes in english, if I've made any ;D )

- Zebra[/font]
[/color][/size]

Really love the Concept Zebra!
The way this could be expanded EX. What if a regiment is all together and they are on the other side of the map away from their team, then they have no way of communicating to their team unless a person or adjutant got the information and gave it to the general to see how to win the game this would make for some awesome gameplay. unless your the one on the horse going back and forth the entire game.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Rejenorst

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2017, 12:45:30 am »
I am just throwing this out there to build on the above quoted idea but be aware that my suggestions do not speak for the rest of th development team:

To make it interesting there should be a delay/cooldown time that can be set by server on updating the plan. To avoid players being spammed with updates and to ensure generals put a little thought into it without constant updates on the fly. Of course if the server host wishes they can removed the timer for convenience sake. Players or at least officers should be able to note if they've managed to complete the order on the planning map. Maybe even send special types of messages back that only the general can read with a cooldown timer.

This is just an idea and not an indicator of whether this would make it in-game. All suggestions will be checked by the dev team and they will decided on what is workable/feasible.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:56:01 am by Rejenorst »

Offline Harris1815

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician
  • Nick: Harris
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2017, 02:39:07 am »
I am just throwing this out there to build on the above quoted idea but be aware that my suggestions do not speak for the rest of th development team:

To make it interesting there should be a delay/cooldown time that can be set by server on updating the plan. To avoid players being spammed with updates and to ensure generals put a little thought into it without constant updates on the fly. Of course if the server host wishes they can removed the timer for convenience sake. Players or at least officers should be able to note if they've managed to complete the order on the planning map. Maybe even send special types of messages back that only the general can read with a cooldown timer.

Awesome this is getting me to Happy I like the timer cause generals could abuse it but it could be set by timer. Spectacular!

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire

Offline Zebra

• Petty Officer
  • Nick: Zebra
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:54 pm »
Thanks for the feedbacks and the support guys. I really like your ideas. The "postman" thing is very good but yeah.. it would be boring for the guy, who delivers the orders/informations from the commander to the his officer, after a while. The timer version is another option to "force" the general to think through his plan. I love both of these ideas.

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
  • I am indeed a ball wearing a hat.
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2017, 08:35:05 pm »
How about a 'tank' gamemode where one team has just one ship with much higher durability than a normal one, and the other team has smaller ships and must destroy it. Maybe not in the realms of reality, but I'm sure that it would be fun.

Maybe this would be better suited as a mod like the VS Saxton Hale mod in TF2.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 08:03:52 pm by Intel Guardian »

Offline Zahari

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2017, 12:18:15 am »
That would be pretty fun

Offline Scotty

• Landsman
  • Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me!
  • Nick: Scotty
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2017, 01:17:47 am »
I think there should be a gamemode similar to the Mount and Blade full invasion. It could be called bot survival and there could be five bots per every 1 person and the bots goal is to kill the humans whilst the humans just want to survive. Just throwing it out for consideration I thought it would be fun.
Much wow, Scotty

Offline Zahari

• Surgeon's Mate
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2017, 11:32:13 pm »
Maybe a campaing mode for regiments. Regiment A is facing regiment B and they are fighting for the sectore X on map etc

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2017, 04:45:59 pm »
Yeah maybe like how it's done in Red Orchestra 2.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Dom_

• Surgeon's Mate
  • This forum is a panopticon
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2017, 04:49:12 pm »
Yeah maybe like how it's done in Red Orchestra 2.

Spoiler
[close]
Something like that would be so cool.

Also we need an official mlp roleplay

Offline Intel Guardian

• Master's Mate
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 04:52:54 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

yes pls

Offline Napoleonic Wars

• Surgeon's Mate
  • 42nd Regiment of Foot/Anglo-Portuguese Army
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2017, 06:34:23 pm »
42nd Regiment of Foot
Anglo-Portuguese Army
North America and Europe

Offline ed112

• Landsman
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2017, 12:59:02 am »
As an avid player of commander battle on Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars, I would love to see this game mode make an appearance in Holdfast Nations At War. It is certainly my most played game mode in relation to NW, offering a unique and interesting experience while also giving a feeling of scale to the battlefield.

Commanding your own bot unit against others also offers a very nice tactical experience, and with this new game their is obviously room for improvement upon the original incarnation of the game mode not least with improvements in AI and their responsiveness to commands.

Offline Sirdouble

• Landsman
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2017, 06:45:34 pm »
it won't happen i'm sure but, Something like Heroes and Generals maybe? Like the war map, where battles are fought on a huge map and every battle changes the war on that map! And some play as admirals and generals that send forces into combat. Won't happen but I would think that to be amazing

Offline Toucan

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2017, 08:13:54 pm »
Surprised no one has mentioned a conquest style gamemode like this one:

One team is assigned to defend and one is assigned to attack. The attacking team has to push from their spawn to, lets say, point A and the defending team has to defend it. If the defending team loses the point then they have to retreat to the point behind A, in this case B, and the attacking team has to push again and take point B. Each team would be assigned tickets(for every death they take they lose one) and if a team loses all their tickets they can no longer re-spawn. The only way the defending team can win is if they drain all of the attacking teams tickets, and the only way the attackers can win is if they take all the objectives. The capture zone would consist of a large area, and the attacking team would have to outnumber the defenders in the area to capture it.

It would be something like this. When the attackers take point A the defending team will start spawning near(or inside) point B, while the attackers spawn will move up to point A. Obviously this battle would be on one large map, and the map probably would of had to of been made specifically for the gamemode.