Anvil Game Studios

Poll

[Poll] What is your stance according to what the thread suggested? [Please read before vote]

*Tweaks* I wrote about, just under here.
as the reload is currently.
faster...

Author Topic: Reload animation and general gameplay *tweaks*  (Read 657 times)

Offline Wallace

• Able Seaman
  • Chin Chin
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Wallace
Re: Reload animation and general gameplay *tweaks*
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 08:21:46 pm »
i think they sould also add in when your in first person you actually aim down the barrel instead of the very much the same aiming system as NW

Online Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2017, 09:17:08 pm »
Bump!

Online Viper

• Surgeon
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Viper
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »
tbh they aren't going to change any major part about the game reloading or screams etc even some of the devs said that. just sayin.

Offline Lecourbe

• Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e RĂ©giment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »
Back on topic, I agree with the initial post, I think a longer reload would create a reason to form lines instead of skirmish since you have to rely on your buddy next to you if someone pops there head over the hill while your reloading, I also agree that skirmishers should have less penalties but still some for things like crouch loading and loading while moving, when it comes to melee, yes a longer reload means that in public play melee will be far more common but in the linebattle melee is too unpredictable (as in you don't know if your going to die and how many men you might lose) that it is its own discouragement.

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 10:40:09 pm »
Now, I don't mean to be "that" person... But you do realise that this has already been noted by the developers and is going to be worked on?

Online Brock

• Surgeon
  • Dedicated & Active Forum Poster - Anglophile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: James | Michael
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 11:47:44 pm »
Now, I don't mean to be "that" person... But you do realise that this has already been noted by the developers and is going to be worked on?
Would you happen to know to what extent?

I was in the discord the other day and Refleax said that they were thinking of increasing the reload speed of the *rifles*.  Since he just said rifles you could assume the other weapons are working as intended.

They all need an increased reload time.

When it comes to melee, yes a longer reload means that in public play melee will be far more common but in the linebattle melee is too unpredictable (as in you don't know if your going to die and how many men you might lose) that it is its own discouragement.

This guys is more of a myth that keeps on getting spread around.

A longer reload may actually decrease the amount of melee. As time goes on, players slowly adjust their game play to the mechanics. People will slowly start shooting a bit further away then they used to, to prevent a melee encounter. This will actually make the game more realistic and less of an arcade faction.
Instead of just charging in on a tightly build Battlefield map with everyone being no more then 5 feet of each other, people will give the enemy more space. And for my opinion, long term, we should see a small decrease in melee encounters. Followed more by strategy and experience of command.

Note: Just another thing. Having more inaccurate muskets is the real thing that increases melee. making muskets more unreliable proves people just preffer using melee. Rendering Shooting almost useless and undesirable to use. NW had a good balance of both. one did not over power the other.

The only thing that balances it now through is the horrible melee system hehe.

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:35 pm »
I can assure you that reloading is on the developer's to-do list.