Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Charles123

• Able Seaman
    • Steam.com
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Charlie
Re: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 11:35:08 pm »
 They should add in city only maps where one  team is attacking and the other team has to defend a capture point with a limited number of reinforcements 
  with   roadblocks blocking the roads which the attackers have to get past to advance to the point. Along with street fighting and clearing houses to find alternative ways to get to the capture point.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:10:01 am by Charles123 »

Offline Bern

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »
Yes? Hello? Is this thing on? I'd like to order one Minden please. with plenty of dying frenchman. k thnx :)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TheProTaco

• Regiment Leaders
  • Petty Officer
  • Ex meis cineribus renascor!
  • Nick: [49th]Taco
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 04:59:40 pm »
I'm sure others have mentioned this already, but randomly generated maps are a must.

But also some smaller maps for competitive 1v1s and 2v2s are needed, it's no fun fighting a regiment one on one and having to spend most of the fight walking to the enemy.

Offline Jupiter

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
  • Maj. 77th Regiment of Foot
    • 77th Regimental Forum Thread
  • Nick: Jupiter
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »
I'm sure others have mentioned this already, but randomly generated maps are a must.

But also some smaller maps for competitive 1v1s and 2v2s are needed, it's no fun fighting a regiment one on one and having to spend most of the fight walking to the enemy.

+1

Online Viper

• Surgeon
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Viper
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »

ye good point

Offline Mr. Rigs

• Landsman
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:51 pm »
Name your map : Highlands
Is your map concept specifically aimed at competitive, public play or both? Public
How are things going to play out gameplay wise? Typically, the public mindset for this map, is that the UK has to always move to attack the French because of their high ground and single cannon. This mindset comes from Siege mode. I would think a good balance to both sides would be to add 1 standard cannon on the UK and one more on the French side. It would create a better sense of urgency for the french to cross and attack the UK since the terrain on their side entirely favors the France.

There are 3-4 main areas the French can use to ambush the advancing UK whereas the UK may only have 1 tenuous defensive position at best.

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
Urban maps please