Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Damage and Wounding  (Read 148 times)

Offline Leibnitz

• Landsman
Damage and Wounding
« on: November 20, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »
I would like to suggest that damage be split into two components: Damage + Damage Over Time (a Wound)

Total damage should be determined by melee weapon type or by velocity and shot type as I assume it is now (although I only ever see 10 damage notice if I don't make an outright kill).

I suggest that a Wound persist for 20 seconds during which damage is regularly applied and the victim is Impaired, suffering a movement penalty and accuracy penalty.

Surgeons should be able to treat Wounds, removing the Impairment and healing the damage applied by the Wound, but NOT be able to heal the direct damage applied by the initial hit.  I suggest this healing process take 10 seconds so no single surgeon could heal any two injured soldiers without one of their wounds running its course.

My preference would be to see this change made in conjunction with a small to moderate increase in accuracy.  More accuracy would counteract the reduction in deaths caused by this change which would reduce overall damage.

Offline sharkfreaks123

• Landsman
Re: Damage and Wounding
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:57 pm »
I like that idea

Online Absol

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 01:49:51 am »
I don't think wounds would be a good idea. In pub games, there likely wouldn't be enough organization to heal people effectively, and in regimental games it would be too much hassle. Perhaps it could be added for a 'realistic' game mode. I also don't think having increased accuracy for everyone is a good idea, because people are already very annoyed about how OP riflemen are. (To the point that they are saying that they'll never be balanced).

Offline Secian

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Joseph Harris
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 03:45:45 am »
In line battles this would screw over smaller regiments, it'd be almost a requirement to have a surgeon or two at all times near friendly lines.