Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: What ideas do you have to promote and reward organised play and team work?  (Read 345 times)

Offline Lord Blakeney

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Lord William
I personally would love to see more aspects of the game rewarding (no loot boxes  :P) players who play in a more organised way or work as part of the team.

Promoting organised play is important as going "rambo" in a game where a single person alone is firing a single shot musket with a 10 second reload time has little to no impact to the overall battle.
Conversely, a group of 5+ players lead by an Officer working together in an organised fashion will have a much greater effect and yield significant results.

I would like to see real-time bonuses when players for example:
Fire in a volley
Are lead by an officer
Fire in line
Stay in a formation
Stay close together.

It would be great to hear some other ideas........
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:40:40 pm by Lord Blakeney »

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • www.2tes-ir.de
  • Faction: Prussia
An officer show up a line on the ground with pressing a key and roling the mouse for correct positioning, only for the own faction possible to see and just for arround 5-10 sec.

A sepperate VOIP channel for all officers to hear by pressing a button

Possible in-game groups to randomly join or invite peeps on public server to a group, and see them on minimap in another colour, same like the steam friends (maybe also with an other spot / colour over the mens head).

Offline Wigster600

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Propagator of Yorkshire Fascism
  • Nick: John Cooper
How about using a system of buffs for adopting differing formations? Like Life is Feudal has.
"It's all shits and giggles, until somebody giggles and shits." - Anon
"It's not personal, it's general. Therefore it includes you." - Al Murray

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Possible in-game groups to randomly join or invite peeps on public server to a group, and see them on minimap in another colour, same like the steam friends (maybe also with an other spot / colour over the mens head).
I'd like to see a group function where you can make a group and all join the servers together, and have a different colour on the minimap and whatnot.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
I've heard that the devs might implement an officer-buff system. Officers would be able to issue "orders" which would apply buffs to units in a certain vicinity. For example, charge might give a speed or melee buff and fire at will might give an accuracy buff.

I really like that idea.

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
  • Talk is for lovers, lets fight!
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Le poofster
Re: What ideas do you have to promote and reward organised play and team work?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 03:14:41 pm »
Without a reason to seek the line it is purely voluntary. Officers should proximity heal, and give doctors the ability to respawn a player at their location with a cool down. This will have players seeking the officer for healing, and the surgeon for fast travel(just a thought).