2 (2.4%)
Grappling Hooks (Naval)
7 (8.4%)
Class Limits in Private Servers
5 (6%)
Progression System (+Level UP)
9 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: [POLL] The Community's Popular Suggestions Thread ~ Updated: 18th June  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
  • 89e COL | AGS/HCL Admin
  • Faction: French Empire
Re: A Collective List of Popular Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 06:08:24 am »
I'll have a chat with the UI Designer about this. Thanks for the feedback!

In regards to the compass.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2018, 11:58:38 am »
I have also suggested that their be lines added to the minimap to denote the edge of the map. I have seen regiments get REALLY tangled up on the snowy maps because they group by the edge of the map.

Also, whoever is at the helm of a ship in naval should get assists like the flag bearer. Would also love to see points for sinking a ship.

Great ideas! I cannot promise we can get to work on that anytime soon but I'm all in favour.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 05:45:40 pm »
Haybales, a lot of people have been asking for a progression system to be added in game. Ranging from player ranks to unlockable weapons.

Refleax made a point to say that unlockables (weapons, cosemtics, etc.) aren't planned for the game, but here is something he mentioned on Discord:

We'd love to do Steam Achievements. Before we get to that however, we'd like to introduce something similiar directly in the game. More on this in future updates.

That sounded kind of like a progression system that wouldn't give some players more content than others.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2018, 08:58:33 pm »
Haybales, a lot of people have been asking for a progression system to be added in game. Ranging from player ranks to unlockable weapons.

Refleax made a point to say that unlockables (weapons, cosemtics, etc.) aren't planned for the game, but here is something he mentioned on Discord:

We'd love to do Steam Achievements. Before we get to that however, we'd like to introduce something similiar directly in the game. More on this in future updates.

That sounded kind of like a progression system that wouldn't give some players more content than others.

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
  • Nick: Bailey
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2018, 09:38:14 pm »

Yeah, I would have included that except this discussion resulted in a pretty split (large) vote, so I didn't deem it popular! :P

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 09:58:49 pm »
The argument I have seen has always been over game-altering unlocks, which Refleax blatantly said will not be in the game.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Nick: 61e Absol
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 11:24:00 pm »
The argument I have seen has always been over game-altering unlocks, which Refleax blatantly said will not be in the game.
^This
I think most people were okay with having progression, the argument was over what they should be.

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 11:48:53 pm »
^This
I think most people were okay with having progression, the argument was over what they should be.

Agreed with both statements. I'll add it with those specific parameters.

Cosmetic benefits from leveling up would be grand, but if they become functional/mechanical benefits - I doubt people would be happy. Imagine a Level 48 having a better reload speed than a Level 3.

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
  • Talk is for lovers, lets fight!
  • Nick: Le poofster
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »
My feed back,

Lines need a reason to gravitate to, similar to a squad joining function to benefit from the buffs given. Officers should give a passive heal over time(now everyone wants to be his friend).
Surgeons should be a spawn point for teammates who join their line ending the long trek back to the line.
Buffs should be different from each of the Staff types classes, drummers increase reload speed, banners health, fife accuracy or Officer, oh and bagpipes should make you want to get drunk and punch your friends.
Ta Da instant fix to the bitching about Rifleman, running back to the line, and no one following officers(who have no charisma).

OH and stop letting Halybales from swarming me with 10 of his pig dogs, if I could get a nuke bullet for them please??

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 04:18:21 pm »
Just thought of one more thing, how about a Pub/Tavern map with a boxing ring and weapons disabled for people to socialize in off the battlefield(Tavern map server)?

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 06:12:13 pm »
My feed back,

Lines need a reason to gravitate to, similar to a squad joining function to benefit from the buffs given. Officers should give a passive heal over time(now everyone wants to be his friend).
Surgeons should be a spawn point for teammates who join their line ending the long trek back to the line.
Buffs should be different from each of the Staff types classes, drummers increase reload speed, banners health, fife accuracy or Officer, oh and bagpipes should make you want to get drunk and punch your friends.
Ta Da instant fix to the bitching about Rifleman, running back to the line, and no one following officers(who have no charisma).

OH and stop letting Halybales from swarming me with 10 of his pig dogs, if I could get a nuke bullet for them please??

Not sure about mobile spawn points. Having a charge duplicate mid-charge with fresh reinforcements would break a lot of realism.

Additionally, buffs are planned to be different for different staff types - this is confirmed! :)

Just thought of one more thing, how about a Pub/Tavern map with a boxing ring and weapons disabled for people to socialize in off the battlefield(Tavern map server)?

Y e s

Offline LePoof

• Petty Officer
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 01:21:17 pm »
How about a join Officers Name option with a arrow and adjusting nearby spawn points? My thoughts are just more towards what will keep a line cohesive. Yet at the moment other than sport there is little reason to follow anyone(I feel sad for these outcast).

Capture and hold objectives with a spawn on Officer who's team I chose to spawn with that adjust to said capture point with a longer timer perhaps would keep cohesion(helping to end the madness).

Hell even a big arrow to the line officer would be nice at this point.

Offline Haybales

• Regiment Leaders
  • Surgeon
  • You know who I am.
    • 1st KRRC
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2018, 12:33:04 am »
Updated

Added confirmations to two of the listed suggestions.

Offline Jean-Baptiste

• Regiment Leaders
  • Chaplain
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 10:37:33 pm »
Regarding riflemen:

Thanks to Charlie for the screenshot.

Offline Carruthers

• Midshipman
    • 4th ROF
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2018, 06:46:07 am »
I'll have a chat with the UI Designer about this. Thanks for the feedback!

In regards to the compass.

Required