Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Officer line mode (Rally infantry)  (Read 155 times)

Offline PROSPERO

• Landsman
Officer line mode (Rally infantry)
« on: April 20, 2018, 01:01:18 am »
I was thinking that Officers should have the option to rally men to join a line.

For example: An officer can wait in the spawn area and have an option to rally a group with an icon above them perhaps.
When a line is joined, an infantryman can chose to  automatic snap into a walking point, based on which number they are allocated. Then, after marching to a point where the officer deems fit, he can chose to form the line and a spot on the line will be highlighted for the infantrymen to stand in and they may chose to lock or snap into it, whilst in this mode, the officer should have shortcut buttons that will make commanding like: steady, aim, fire, reload etc just one button to press.
This way, it will help to organise lines or attacks on unorganised servers, the roles of officers will be more functional and respected, and the incentive to kill an officer will be higher.

Also, if ranking is introduced later in the game, officers with a higher success rate can be given a badge which shows their ability, that way people can choose an officer which they deem worthy to form a line with.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Officer line mode (Rally infantry)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 03:01:01 am »
I like the idea, and would very much like more officer tools. Perhaps even joining a line after choosing your class. However, I'm very much against the idea of having people snap to a line as you could just have bots do the same thing.