Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Should the Prussian Light and Line Uniform be exchanged?

Yes
31 (70.5%)
No
7 (15.9%)
Don't care
6 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Should the Prussian Light and Line Uniform 2 be exchanged?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline fnord

• Petty Officer
  • Faction: Prussia
Should the Prussian Light and Line Uniform 2 be exchanged?
« on: April 09, 2018, 10:47:20 pm »
According to this post http://www.holdfastgame.com/News/Post?p=1041 regarding the upcoming Prussian uniforms, Line Infantry 2 will be Prussian Militia (Landwehr) and the Light Infantry will be the Lützower Freikorps.
Historically speaking the Freikorps never had  a Light Infantry, consisting only of Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry and a few Riflemen.
Seeing as the Lützower Freikorps carries a big meaning for the German unity even today (the German flag took its colors from the Lützower uniform), it would be a shame to see them missused in Holdfast. The militia (Landwehr) on the other hand had a huge detachment of Light Infantry.
My wish would be to see the Lützower Freikorps correctly used as Line Infantry and the Militia as Light Infantry.
What do you guys think about that?

Offline Corazon

• Master's Mate
  • Ich lebe für mein Regiment und diene ihm
  • Nick: Oberst_Corazon
Re: Should the Prussian Light and Line Uniform 2 be exchanged?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »
The Freikorps carried the german colours and the students from german universities brought them back in form of the german flag we see today.

Just look at it!^^

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 10:54:05 pm by Corazon »

Offline Faultier

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 01:20:15 pm »
Indeed, Freikorps as light Inf is a discussable chocie. Prussia had enough Fusiliers in their Army - in some cases there was not much visible difference between normal musketeer-line inf and Fusilier-light Inf. So I see what the developers try to do - to create some uniform variation within the prussian army (especially importnat during libebattle events for commanders).

Offline fnord

• Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 02:22:22 pm »
Even if we look at it from a gameplay perspective it would make more sense. The French line uniform is blue, the English is red. Therefore making the Prussian (in parts) black would make the factions more distinguishable.

Offline AngryEyes

• Landsman
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 08:56:54 pm »
It looks awesome. I would love to see that implemented.

Offline von Karlsberg

• Landsman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 04:53:53 pm »
Hey, you know the Lützower are Light Infantry or they are more Rifleman. They are all but not Line Infantry! And the Landwehr is Line Infantry!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 04:56:28 pm by von Karlsberg »

Offline von Karlsberg

• Landsman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 05:03:30 pm »
According to this post http://www.holdfastgame.com/News/Post?p=1041 regarding the upcoming Prussian uniforms, Line Infantry 2 will be Prussian Militia (Landwehr) and the Light Infantry will be the Lützower Freikorps.
Historically speaking the Freikorps never had  a Light Infantry, consisting only of Infantry, Artillery, Cavalry and a few Riflemen.
Seeing as the Lützower Freikorps carries a big meaning for the German unity even today (the German flag took its colors from the Lützower uniform), it would be a shame to see them missused in Holdfast. The militia (Landwehr) on the other hand had a huge detachment of Light Infantry.
My wish would be to see the Lützower Freikorps correctly used as Line Infantry and the Militia as Light Infantry.
What do you guys think about that?

The Lützower are Light Infantry, or better were used as Light Infantry. But they are not Line Infantry. The Landwehr is Line Infantry. To say Landwehr is Light Infantry, is absolutly dumb, the Landwehr had some Light detachment of Light Infantry, but they wasn´t Light Infantry in the first hand! They used the most time Line Infantry tactic!

Offline Leopold Hartmann

• Landsman
  • Lützow | Olt. Leopold Hartmann
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 10:24:53 am »
Thing is they weren't overly major at the time, and while yeah they represent Germany Today, it's important to also distinguish that it's Prussia at the time, which is fairly different tbh. That being said, with the new spawn system with classes and such, who knows what will happen. While I'm partial to some bias, due to the Regiment I'm in, I do think keeping it close to history is more important than determining what would be more recognizable.