Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Should Spain be added as a playable faction in the game?

Yes, the faction is unique and I wish to see it before any other, after France and Britain.
93 (59.6%)
Yes, the faction should be added in, but only after Prussia, Austria and Russia are added in.
49 (31.4%)
No, there are other more interesting factions during the time period.
14 (9%)

Total Members Voted: 156

Voting closes: January 14, 2023, 02:43:06 pm

Author Topic: New faction - Kingdom of Spain  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: FranciscoCC
Re: New faction - Kingdom of Spain
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2017, 12:44:33 pm »
As the game is set at the "end" of the Napoleon period, it would be logical that the Spanish fight alongside the British. :)
Well, this is not true, they didn't recreate a specific period of the Napoleonic Wars, I know this because I asked Refleax and he answered  that. And judging by the uniforms it could be somewhere between 1802-1815, I couldn't say you because the British and French uniforms looks very similar in all these Napoleonic periods, but for example here you have a Spanish uniform from 1802-1810.
Spoiler
[close]

And here you have the Spanish uniforms after the reforms of Fernando VII in 1815, as you can see the difference is remarkable.
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »
I hope the game will allow us to have a number of nations in game at the same time.... I'd enjoy fighting alongside my Spanish brothers in arms.
That might be fine. :D

Offline Lecourbe

• Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e Régiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 04:39:12 pm »
As the game is set at the "end" of the Napoleon period, it would be logical that the Spanish fight alongside the British. :)
Well, this is not true, they didn't recreate a specific period of the Napoleonic Wars, I know this because I asked Refleax and he answered  that.

Oh ok, I heard that the game was set in 1812, but I wasn't sure, thanks for the info!

And judging by the uniforms it could be somewhere between 1802-1815, I couldn't say you because the British and French uniforms looks very similar in all these Napoleonic periods[...]

As you can see in the game, the "Fusilier" of the French faction (The 85e actually) has a "shako".

But, historically, Napoleon decided to replace the bicorne of the French infantry by a shako in 1806. The shako was simply not used by the Frenchies before this date.

So, if you follow the historical suggestion, the game is set between 1806-1815. :)

BUT, anyway, I would love to see the Spanish added to the game. :-*

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 09:48:17 pm »
Well, this is not true, they didn't recreate a specific period of the Napoleonic Wars, I know this because I asked Refleax and he answered  that.

Oh ok, I heard that the game was set in 1812, but I wasn't sure, thanks for the info!

And judging by the uniforms it could be somewhere between 1802-1815, I couldn't say you because the British and French uniforms looks very similar in all these Napoleonic periods[...]

As you can see in the game, the "Fusilier" of the French faction (The 85e actually) has a "shako".

But, historically, Napoleon decided to replace the bicorne of the French infantry by a shako in 1806. The shako was simply not used by the Frenchies before this date.

So, if you follow the historical suggestion, the game is set between 1806-1815. :)

BUT, anyway, I would love to see the Spanish added to the game. :-*
I agree with you. :)

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2017, 06:10:44 pm »
Hi! I want to show you the compilation of historical sources I've made about the Kingdom of Spain in XVIII century and early XIX (army organization, music, military marches, uniforms, weapons etc.) in the Spanish Forum.

All these things have been included in this post, indicating which are in English.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 06:21:26 pm by Don_Francisco »

Online Intel Guardian

• Midshipman
  • Yes, I am a briefcase.
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
The game's probably set 1810+ since the Dutch Royal Guard is part of the French Army ingame.

Offline Don_Francisco

• Master's Mate
  • Coronel del 2.ºReina
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
The game's probably set 1810+ since the Dutch Royal Guard is part of the French Army ingame.

Online Intel Guardian

• Midshipman
  • Yes, I am a briefcase.
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2017, 07:35:46 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Multiple sources say that they joined the Imperial Guard in 1810 as the 2e regiment de grenadiers-à-pied, being demoted to the 3e regiment de grenadiers-à-pied de la garde impériale in 1811, so correcting myself, the game is set 1811+. Then again the devs could add any uniform from any period if they wanted to. There are probably some uniforms from before 1811 that I've overlooked.

Sources:
http://grenadier.hollandais.free.fr/historique.html
http://www.napolun.com/mirror/napoleonistyka.atspace.com/IMPERIAL_GUARD_infantry_1.htm
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:41:02 pm by Intel Guardian »