Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Certain number of deaths each?

Yes, just this.
11 (34.4%)
No, i like the reinforcement system only.
7 (21.9%)
Either option available for the admin to choose.
14 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: 5 lives each when defending rather than reinforcements?  (Read 177 times)

Offline Rhys_Eng

• Ordinary Seaman
5 lives each when defending rather than reinforcements?
« on: September 25, 2017, 05:46:47 pm »
Defending on a siege map is so hard, because many noob teammates just charge when they are on the defending team, which uses all the reinforcements.

Would a e.g 5 deaths each system be better? Like on NW? Or perhaps at least the option for this in the server settings for the admins?

Thoughts?

Offline RobinHood1

• Landsman
Re: 5 lives each when defending rather than reinforcements?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 09:29:18 pm »
I think using individual lives rather than team lives will help a TON

Offline Lord_of_Beer

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »
I disagree. What about the player who puts in a heroic effort, but is still killed five times? I don't know of any team game that limits lives in this way.

The maps need to be fixed first, to have more capture points in row, with the spawns 100-200m from the capzones.

The reason people rush out of the Egpyt A point for example is because it takes the British 60 seconds to run all the way from their spawn! What else will the French do, just sit there and wait? If you want the French to do that, there is no point having everything else in the map, you could make it 10% of the size it is right now.

I won't repeat everything, because much of the solutions to the problems in the game right now are listed here: http://www.holdfastgame.com/forum/index.php?topic=2250.0 particularly #3 and #4
Red Orchestra 2: 850 hours;  PUBG: 500 hours
Empire Total War: 350 hours; Shogun Total War 2 (FOTS): 120 hours
Half Life Battlegrounds Mod 1&2: 15 hours each
Chivalry Medieval Warfare: 14 hours
HFNAW: 8 hours

Offline CrocHunter

• Master's Mate
  • CavGF Co-owner
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 01:57:14 am »
Going by the provided server manual, the number of respawn is already at the discretion of each server owner.
Quote from: Holdfast: Nations At War - Server Documentation - Version 2
Set The Maximum Number Of Times A Player Can Respawn
Set the maximum number of times a single specific player can respawn before the map
changes. We recommend that this value is set to -1 for a proper gameplay experience.
                 max_player_respawns x
                              where x:
                                           -1 = A specific player can respawn an indefinite number of times
                                                  unless reinforcements deplete.
                                                  A value between – 1 and 9000 = Players will be able to respawn a
                                                  number of times according to the set value.

Not sure if it is tied at the moment to the ticked system.
Nr3 "Griff's Own" Husaren & Infanterie Regiment
Rittmeister Sernis Thausten

Offline Lecourbe

• Master's Mate
  • Par le fer quand le feu manque !
    • 61e Régiment
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [61e] Lecourbe
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 07:54:47 am »
For now, the renforcements tickets are fine for me.
It forces the defenders to play together to win. It's logical.

Offline DoktorBonktopus

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:36:54 am »
I've played quite a bit of Siege, and the french very rarely win. The current system just punishes the defenders for a few people ramboing. It's not uncommon to look at the scoreboard and see that there are 3 or 4 guys on the french team with 16+ deaths. They effectively ruin the game for every person on their team by feeding. If they were limited to five respawns, they wouldn't be able to torpedo every single game they're in. It isn't fair or fun. There is absolutely no way that the team can just 'play together' and make up for such a small fraction of the team ruining thing. If you want to force people to play as a team, perhaps limit the amount of lives they have as individuals, so that each person actually has to think 'Hmm, should I run straight into the enemy by myself 5 times in a row?' It worked just fine in MnB NW, and there was actually a little variation in which side won or lost.

Offline erpages

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Spanish Empire would prevail as 3rd Faction.
  • Nick: Spanish Tea
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »
Instead of 5lives per player, you could reduce the spawn timear if you die inside the área to be defend. If you die outside them you have to wait longer.

This would make suiciders to wait more.

Example

1 min wait outside of área
10 sec if you die in the area
Soldado sin interés en pertenecer a un Regimiento, solamente conocer gente y pasarlo bien.