Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: We need a autokick feature for players fireing at friendly ships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 122 times)

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
  • Faction: Neutral
I would like to see some kinda mechanic that autokicks players hitting friendly ships. The naval battles suck because of stupid kids fireing at friendly on purpose, yeah accidents happen, but loading guns at spawn and start fireing at the closest allied ship is just trolling/griefing or whatever they call it...

I suggest the autokick, beacuse i dont want to see friendly cannon balls not doing damage, I like to keep it as it is, but just kick stupid players, let them rejoin after 1 minute, gonna get boring for them to be constantly kicked from the server, maybe that would put a stop to this foolishness....

Naval battles are cool, but this sinking of friendly ships just kills the fun playing them....

Edit: This game mode is gonna die out slowly if somethings not done ASAP, so sick and tired of ending up in a rowboat waiting for 20 minutes for the next round just because a friendly ship sank us at spawn. Got dammit I hate Naval Battles in this game, I fucking fucking fucking hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:39:22 pm by kaboki »

Offline SwydeBarca

• Surgeon's Mate
    • 66th Regiment of Foot [Line, Arty, Ship] [EU]
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 66th SwydeBarca
Got dammit I hate Naval Battles in this game, I fucking fucking fucking hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but here we prefer people who speak calmly, present problems in an orderly matter and offer good, feasible solutions.

That being said, your original post has a lot of merits. Team griefing is a real problem in this game, not only the team killers on public servers. I don't think auto-ban is a good solution, as in big fleet battles you can often miss your target and hit a friendly ship by accident, but there should be a way for the admins to track the griefers, maybe by showing the number of friendly ships hit or allies killed. If the average is 0-1 and that one person has 10, it might be a good sign that he is griefing on purpose.

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
Yeah, sorry, just had too blow off some steam, naval battles made my head boil over today, im short tempered but it doesnt last long, im all good now... ::)

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
Got dammit I hate Naval Battles in this game, I fucking fucking fucking hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think auto-ban is a good solution, as in big fleet battles you can often miss your target and hit a friendly ship by accident, but there should be a way for the admins to track the griefers, maybe by showing the number of friendly ships hit or allies killed. If the average is 0-1 and that one person has 10, it might be a good sign that he is griefing on purpose.

Why not an autokick, most other online games I have played had it and it works really well, a small kick for 1 minute isnt really gonna hurt unless you fire at friendlies with purpose. And maybe not kick on first offence but if repeating it(like these kids usally do, even when the whole crew is yelling "stop fireing at friendlies", then kick), maybe that would make you ask the captain too identify ships before fireing or hold fire until you know what you are fireing at. Another solution could be to make it like they did with the other guns, make it impossible to damage friendly ships(wich will kill a lot of immersion)..

Anyway, they have to do something, naval battles are a waste of time right now, wich is sad :( because it really has potential and I enjoy it very much, in maybe 1 hour a day when for some reason these annoying people has a small break from messing up this game.

Anyone reporting my outburst, don't bother, have already reported myself.... :o
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:32:52 pm by kaboki »

Offline Bluehawk

• Global Moderator
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
Use the "modify post" option in the upper-right corner of your post if you regret posting something.

Offline kaboki

• Standing Officer
%!"/%&)/("¤#"%#&/)(/)=/))%#"¤&#¤"!¤&!%#"¤&%/()O&/))"/¤#!%#"¤%!&/%&!%#¤&"!%¤!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Thc420Vato

• Landsman
YES, PLEASE.