Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: What regiment is the best regt. you ever played in NW?  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• Standing Officer
  • Cymbalist and Colonel of the 1stFG
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Justin
Re: What regiment is the best regt. you ever played in NW?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2017, 06:24:26 am »
the one I'm in now, the 41st, Artillery Company.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:22:50 pm by Coldstreamer »

Offline Exodus

• Chaplain
  • Major Jackson - 1st Royal Victoria Regiment
  • Nick: Louis Jackson
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »
10thRM and the 2nd Queen's, this was 4 years ago, and than the most recent the 26thNC

Ah, so you were a member of Hikkupz' Gang no?

Offline Coldstreamer

• Standing Officer
  • Cymbalist and Colonel of the 1stFG
  • Nick: Justin
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 05:26:34 pm »
10thRM and the 2nd Queen's, this was 4 years ago, and than the most recent the 26thNC

Ah, so you were a member of Hikkupz' Gang no?

Yes, some of the best days of my life, that was when I was like 13 though, so I migbht have different views now ha ha

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 08:10:04 pm »
I initially joined the OGN and then transferred to the 1stEPG. After some time, I enjoyed my time in the 1stEPG, wishing the best to all old members and best of luck to the 1stEPG's similar regiment, the 1stEPI. After the 1stEPG, I had comings and goings until I had a group I could stick with. The next regiment was the best tight-knit group I enjoyed and still enjoy today. Even though it no longer has a regimental aspect to the group for the foreseeable future. However, before the next state of the game's community of new arrivals, I would assume my group would receive only uncalled for flak due to ignorance and judging a book by its cover. Later on, I also tried out a more serious regiment of the MoskovGren but I found the super-serious-as-can be atmosphere wasn't for me. I used to merc here and there a bit more, and still will rarely do for groups I enjoy interacting with.

Overall, I enjoy a 'just right' balance of common sense and having fun. I strongly dislike teamkilling randomly during an event, even usually refraining from the slaughter at end of rounds that people teamkill their group until map change or event is over. I would never kick in a line moving out, and I did not appreciate it. Kicking in Napoleonic Wars DLC would usually accost the player for 10% of their health, it was ridiculous. Was also hardly useful in combat unless there was a wide opening moment, like when an enemy is standing still while blocking. So when most of the time you are standing in a line trading musket fire, if you get hit, and some troll would decide to kick you in that state, it could potentially kill you. Or even a random horse bump on the field. Or kicking during sieges, when you are trying to actually defend the fort. I've had my own experience of people ruining others' enjoyment of the game on both ends, but I retain a strong sense of discipline and patience.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:24:20 pm by usnavy30 »

Offline Viper

• Surgeon
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Viper
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 10:28:13 am »
2nd Queens Foot Guards (2ndQF) led by Tico an NA Legend, very good leading and very skilled in Melee/Shooting fun times

Offline Syncmaster667

• Petty Officer
  • 77y Sergeant & RS for the Skirmisher Detachment
    • 77y Website
  • Nick: 77y_Sgt_RS_Sync
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2017, 02:12:23 am »
77y - Been in it for 3 years and 2 months, and counting. Currently the Sgt within the Skirmisher detachment and ive always been within that detachment, since i joined. Never felt the need to leave and join another regiment as the 77y is perfect for me.

Offline Wolfster

• Standing Officer
  • Nick: Edwin Parker
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 10:57:47 pm »
3rd 'East Kent' Regt. of Foot. - Led by Super, Merfie and Dom <3 Forever in my heart.

44th 'East Essex' Regt. of Foot. - Led by myself, it had the best community I have ever seen in a regiment before <3
Part-Time Lifeguard.
Part-Time Film and TV student.
Freelancer Film Editor and Camera Operator.

Offline Herishey

• Petty Officer
  • EST 19XX. These Things Happen........
  • Nick: 84e
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 08:55:09 pm »
Hard to say between 4e, 17e, 77y or K-KA.

I mean by skill all of those regiments were top tier in their prime, the least skilled being 4e probably and the top 77y around the time we drew to 91st and also won the 10v10 regimental tournament.

In terms of community 77y was probably the weakest as it was kinda split, but still not bad. I'd say the other three were all quite equal in having a lot of people always in ts playing games and making a lot of long term friends.

In terms of leading Posh (17e) or Gaz (77y) had to be the smartest with Pride (K-KA) close behind and Crumpet (4e) being the weakest.
YouTube

"The gods are man's creation, to give answers
that they are too afraid to give themselves."

Offline Kaiz

• Standing Officer
  • "Evil be to he who evil thinks."
    • Forum Post
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 10:51:06 am »
37th Regiment of Foot.
The one and only reg for me

Online Knightmare

• Chaplain
  • paki
  • Nick: S.Williamson
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 04:32:16 pm »
18e,definitely,Price is quite the smart leader and a really funny guy.Lead's a regiment of retards like us with calmness,and manages to make us win.Also never been rude to me,except for that one time where I got shot and he shouted alot 'GET FUCKED,KNIGHTMARE'.But yeah apart from that,great guy.

Online Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • What am I doing with my life
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 02:23:26 pm »
18e,definitely,Price is quite the smart leader and a really funny guy.Lead's a regiment of retards like us with calmness,and manages to make us win.Also never been rude to me,except for that one time where I got shot and he shouted alot 'GET FUCKED,KNIGHTMARE'.But yeah apart from that,great guy.

General Support for Warlance Game Servers | 8th Member for Holdfast. Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/midnooter/

Rest in Peace 18e

Online Knightmare

• Chaplain
  • paki
  • Nick: S.Williamson
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2017, 06:37:07 pm »

L e a d s w i t h c a l m n e s s

Offline Sanders

• Master
  • 33rd Rct | "Fire and Blood | "Winter is Coming"
  • Nick: 33rd Sanders
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 01:44:40 am »

L e a d s w i t h c a l m n e s s
bet Runk was being a retard

Offline Goodall

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »
Has to be the 51st!

Offline AgentMWolf

• Master's Mate
  • What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough
  • Nick: MadWolf
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »
GGR_Nr4