Anvil Game Studios

Poll

Yes or no?

Yes, I would love to see Portugal and Spain added to this game for a more Peninsular look and to have more unique factions.
52 (61.9%)
No, give us Russia and the other main factions.
32 (38.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Author Topic: New faction - Kingdom of Portugal  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: 15e Recrue
Re: New faction - Kingdom of Portugal
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 05:30:16 am »
IIRC didn't Portugal completely shit the bed during the Peninsular War?

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
  • Owner of NIPEX - Graphics Design.
  • Nick: NIPEX
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 09:20:16 am »
read the main thread properly again

Offline Andee

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: 15e Recrue
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 04:30:06 am »
read the main thread properly again

TBH I didn't read it in the first place and I'm assuming what I said was already addressed in the thread, lol my bad

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2017, 08:06:07 am »
You are a real 1 m8

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Viriathus
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2017, 05:58:26 pm »
bump?  ;D
History Peasant
YouTube channel about History
#PortugueseForum

Offline Mercuri

• Standing Officer
    • Comunidad Gamer Hispana
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 03:54:34 pm »
Gretings from a spaniard! I believe that Portugal and Spain will be a good expansion for the game. Yes we all know that Prussia, Austria and Russia were very important factions but, aren't these too? Isn't the peninsular campaing/war important in the Napoleonic Era?

Ps: I think that this flag is the propper one of the era:

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 04:35:47 pm »
Propaganda machine.. nice.
At the moment there are only 9 regiments registred on spanish forum, and !2! regiments in the portuguese language part of this forum? and you want to set highest priority on this 2 factions? or do you just want to implement it after other things and factions. i think they should be implemented, but they are not the base for the existing nw regiments wich would like to start in this new fresh game.

Offline Lorucas

• Master's Mate
  • 8th_Huss_VTrp // [DC] División Cántabra
  • Nick: Lorucas ♞
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2017, 01:58:04 pm »
At the moment there are only 9 regiments registred on spanish forum, and !2! regiments in the portuguese language part of this forum? and you want to set highest priority on this 2 factions? or do you just want to implement it after other things and factions. i think they should be implemented, but they are not the base for the existing nw regiments wich would like to start in this new fresh game.

Oke maybe there are not many regiments in the forums, but the Spanish community is very large and in NW has been able to verify, as for the Portuguese community I can not say anything because I barely know it but since I was not in NW I wish there were Spanish and Portuguese troops in this game  :'( :'(

Offline Charles Caldwell

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
  • Retired Founder of the SLRN [Naval Action]
  • Nick: [1st L KGL]
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2017, 02:19:12 pm »
Portugal, Britain's oldest Ally must be included.

Offline Lorucas

• Master's Mate
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2017, 02:26:32 pm »
Portugal, Britain's oldest Ally must be included.

And the Spanish tooo  :'( :'(

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2017, 10:34:04 am »
I see your point and its good someone says it. But the Peninsular War is a great scenario for Holdfast; the British landings on Portuguese coast with furthers soldiers, the capture of a French squadron in Cadiz after a coastal engagement, the Coruña and Vigo evacuation, the Romana Division evacuation (I know it was in Denmark, but still counts as Peninsular War, in my opinion) and the overall supply of ammunition from Britain to the Iberian Peninsula, which was targetted by raiders at sea but also when nearing the coast. And if you want to put the Battle of Trafalgar in there, you have one of the most famous naval battles in history. (even though it was in 1805, 2 years before the Peninsular War)

Now you say there aren't many regiments in those factions at the moment. In NW the majority was also British and French, and if people get to know how many regiments Spain and Portugal had, and how many other irregular and guerrilla forces there were, they will also find it quite interesting to play I think.
History Peasant
#PortugueseForum

Offline NiPhix

• Chaplain
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2017, 10:38:43 am »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:48:45 am by NiPhix »

Offline Lorucas

• Master's Mate
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2017, 11:06:18 am »
I'm with u Viriathus, the Peninsular War was an important part on the Napoleonic era. That's why I would like to see the Spanish and Portuguese troops and factions on this game  :D

Offline Mendoza

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2017, 11:21:09 am »
I'm with u Viriathus, the Peninsular War was an important part on the Napoleonic era. That's why I would like to see the Spanish and Portuguese troops and factions on this game  :D

If 4 guys repeat that very often makes it not more important. Devs told yesterday that they post an roadmap, so we will se what they think its important.

Peninsular campaign is indeed interesting, but a very specific terrain. After the game for now goes a very broad spectrum, it would be a shame change the direction and goes specific to an peninsular theme. A lot of diffrent factions, inclusive Portugal and Spain should be a target but that needs a lot of time for every faction. If the game selling good, we all have the chance to get our stuff in there, otherwise it will be a short list of new stuff on the roadmap.

Offline Viriathus

• Language Moderator
  • Master's Mate
  • Rua, suas cabras!
    • History Peasant
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2017, 11:35:10 am »
If 4 guys repeat that very often makes it not more important. Devs told yesterday that they post an roadmap, so we will se what they think its important.

Peninsular campaign is indeed interesting, but a very specific terrain. After the game for now goes a very broad spectrum, it would be a shame change the direction and goes specific to an peninsular theme. A lot of diffrent factions, inclusive Portugal and Spain should be a target but that needs a lot of time for every faction. If the game selling good, we all have the chance to get our stuff in there, otherwise it will be a short list of new stuff on the roadmap.
The devs have said they will post a poll, on which factions to add next. Those who get the more votes are next, simple as that. These threads are just suggestions :)
History Peasant
#PortugueseForum