Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Developer Blog 7 - Voice acting. Vive L'Empereur!  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Coldstreamer

• Standing Officer
  • Cymbalist and Colonel of the 3rdFG
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Justin
Re: Developer Blog 7 - Voice acting. Vive L'Empereur!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:42 pm »
Very nice, but I do hope some of the British soldiers will have a few Scottish, Irish and regional English accents too as well. I don't suppose you'll consider looking into accepting professional level VA submissions from the community in early access?

Or having some highlanders putting their kilts up, that would be amazing ha ha, but honestly, having someone scream with a scottish or Cornwall accent would be amazing!

Offline Intel Guardian

• Midshipman
  • Yes, I am a briefcase.
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Intel
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »
Release the Blog
The Fresh Emperor of France: In west Corsica born and raised, In the Tuileries Palace was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' annexin' all cool and all, Shooting some Spaniards outside of the Madrid
When a couple of Austrians who were up to no good, Started invading allies in my neighborhood
I got in one little war and Britain got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Saint Helena."

Offline Jelly

• Midshipman's Mate
  • cry havoc and let slip the doggos of war
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

Offline usnavy30

• Server Administrator
  • Surgeon's Mate
  • So much to see, so much to do
  • Nick: Navy
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2017, 11:00:58 pm »
Many of the examples of various shouts and calls sound great. The French "DOCTORRR" one sounds.. odd. I read the part where not ever voice command or such is listed here for reason of concise blog, but I would just like to know that for every British voice call/command/etc, there is a French counterpart as well. To equalize the total number of say 'cheers' per faction. Like how if the British have say, three total different cheers as shown so far, the French faction have no less that amount even though only two French cheers are revealed thus far. As this line from the blog states:
Multiple takes for each acted line were taken by two voice actors for each faction.
Simply want the total amount of cheers, commands, etc to be balanced between factions. Which I'm sure is what you are striving to accomplish with this feature.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:42:05 am by usnavy30 »

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 04:18:31 pm »
I found an interesting e-book on Project Gutenberg that was written in 1811 covering a lot of Napoleonic era slang shared by soldiers, officers, students, convicts and regionals. Perhaps your voice actors could borrow a few phrases ;)

http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5402/pg5402-images.html

Offline Spitzi

• Landsman
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Spitzi
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 10:30:38 am »
Yes, sometimes they sound a bit overdone but I think that the renditions sound really genuine, All in all they sound really well. :)

Offline Youzi

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: French Empire
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 06:08:45 am »
nice!  ;D

Offline Log1c

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Trying to become as a Legand!
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 05:11:52 pm »
NICE ONE.