Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Handling The "Feeding" Problem  (Read 270 times)

Offline Miss Brain Problems

• Landsman
Handling The "Feeding" Problem
« on: January 09, 2018, 04:23:34 am »
As I'm sure many players on Official NA #3 tonight noticed, there were a couple of individuals on the defending French team during Siege mode that repeatedly and consistently wasted up to 10% of our entire team's total respawn tickets on their own - Clint Beastwood and Stolz, by name.

Now, apparently this isn't against the rules, and doesn't warrant a kick from the admins or something, according to Nr.9 Samurai on the Discord. So, I was hoping that we could discuss how to prevent a single player from wasting 30 lives as a defender all by themselves.

The primary method that was being discussed in the text chat was that each player should have a limited number of tickets from the group pool that they're allowed to use. Ten lives, for example - you respawn using ten tickets from the team pool, and after your tenth life, you're not allowed to respawn any more.

I'm sure there are other possible methods, so I was hoping that we could discuss how to prevent the "feeding" problem.

Offline Absol

• Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: 61e Absol
Re: Handling The "Feeding" Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 05:37:30 am »
Yeah, this is a good idea. Refleax has said on the discord that they're going to be working on Siege mode. (Which you saw)

This is probably the easiest fix for the problem and the best.

Offline Czechu

• Petty Officer
  • Gefreiter, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Czechu
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 01:42:07 pm »
+1 of course.

Actually i think that this topic was picked some time ago?
Its pain when you have that 1 death, and someone overcompensate it with 30 :D
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Lex1785

• Landsman
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:25:47 pm »
Another option to fix this is a spawn timer.

Player is killed, they respawn. Player is killed again within say 2 minutes of respawning, they now have a spawn timer allotted to them before they can respawn a third time. If they die again after respawning within a specific period of time. the spawn timer increases in length.

It slows down the spam deaths a considerable bit especially for those players who wantonly and deliberately waste team tickets either because they are trolling, think its funny or don't like the map so want to speed up the game rotation.