Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Boarding hooks  (Read 120 times)

Offline Shaykh

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Shaykh
Boarding hooks
« on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:23 am »
Hello holdfast community,
I have come up with a suggestion and I think the addition of ‘boarding hooks’ would greatly improve naval gameplay. I form part of a naval crew and we take RP very seriously and this suggestion would greatly improve this aspect.
Sailors could equip these ‘boarding hooks’ and then they could throw them onto Enemy vessels when at close range. It would also make boarding ships much easier. 
Feedback especially from people who are specializing in  the naval aspect will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Shaykh
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:29:20 pm by Shaykh »
Boatswain of the HMS Revenge.

]https://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561198130493069.png[/img

Offline Intel Guardian

• Midshipman's Mate
  • Not A Weeb
    • My Twitter
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Intel
Re: Boarding hooks
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 02:39:19 pm »
2. A question I already asked a few times: is the entering of other ships gonna work with grappling hooks?

Right now you can board other naval vessels by de-masting them which will cause the ship to cease sailing. We also have plans for grappling hooks to make it into the game in the future. This among other systems we have planned for naval combat will encourage boarding to take place even further.
The Fresh Emperor of France: In west Corsica born and raised, In the Tuileries Palace was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' annexin' all cool and all, Shooting some Spaniards outside of the Madrid
When a couple of Austrians who were up to no good, Started invading allies in my neighborhood
I got in one little war and Britain got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Saint Helena."