Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Brigs, rigs and ammo boxes.  (Read 130 times)

Offline Patient Fodder

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
Brigs, rigs and ammo boxes.
« on: November 06, 2017, 12:33:09 pm »
Just wondering if I am the only one who ends up in the rigging when trying to grab a cannonball from the ammo box? Of course this happens only with the boxes which are positioned directly under the rigging. It litterally happens almost half of the times I try to grab a cannonball during a sea battle.

It would be great if the 2 activation markers could be positioned further apart from eachother.
A few honest men are better than numbers.
O.C. ca 1630

Offline Rockerfish

• Able Seaman
  • Galvinic Coast Trading Company (Ensign)
  • Nick: Rocker
Re: Brigs, rigs and ammo boxes.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:44:56 pm »
devs have said in the roadmap that... "Climbing - Players will be able to climb rigging, ropes and ladders. Everything will be handled through an animation." this should fix the problem of misclicks of the close points.

i also go atop rigging when loading from those boxes, so you aren't the only one to fall victim to this ;)
the dev roadmap can be found here "http://www.holdfastgame.com/News/Post?p=1027"

Offline Patient Fodder

• Able Seaman
Re: Brigs, rigs and ammo boxes.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:09:20 pm »
I certainly hope it will fix it. However, if the animation initiation points are too close, it may not (and with animation going up and back down would take longer). Maybe something to consider before finalising the concept.

So I guess we will probably see eachother up in the rigging one day!
: o)
A few honest men are better than numbers.
O.C. ca 1630