Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Charles123

• Able Seaman
    • Steam.com
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Charlie
Re: Map Concepts - Share with us your Ideas!
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 11:35:08 pm »
 They should add in city only maps where one  team is attacking and the other team has to defend a capture point with a limited number of reinforcements 
  with   roadblocks blocking the roads which the attackers have to get past to advance to the point. Along with street fighting and clearing houses to find alternative ways to get to the capture point.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:10:01 am by Charles123 »

Offline Bern

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2017, 10:04:27 pm »
Yes? Hello? Is this thing on? I'd like to order one Minden please. with plenty of dying frenchman. k thnx :)

Spoiler
[close]

Offline TheProTaco

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Nulli Secundus
  • Nick: [49th]Taco
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 04:59:40 pm »
I'm sure others have mentioned this already, but randomly generated maps are a must.

But also some smaller maps for competitive 1v1s and 2v2s are needed, it's no fun fighting a regiment one on one and having to spend most of the fight walking to the enemy.

Click the signature to go to my Steam profile!

Offline Jupiter

• Master's Mate
  • NWWC Sunday Event Admin
    • NWWC Sign Up Thread!
  • Nick: Jupiter
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »
I'm sure others have mentioned this already, but randomly generated maps are a must.

But also some smaller maps for competitive 1v1s and 2v2s are needed, it's no fun fighting a regiment one on one and having to spend most of the fight walking to the enemy.

+1

NWWC Held Every Sunday 7:00 GMT!
Conquest & Siege Rotation Event

Offline VetroG

• Lieutenant
  • Leib Grenadiers | Wolfpack Groupfighting Team
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: VetroG
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »

ye good point

Offline Mr. Rigs

• Landsman
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:51 pm »
Name your map : Highlands
Is your map concept specifically aimed at competitive, public play or both? Public
How are things going to play out gameplay wise? Typically, the public mindset for this map, is that the UK has to always move to attack the French because of their high ground and single cannon. This mindset comes from Siege mode. I would think a good balance to both sides would be to add 1 standard cannon on the UK and one more on the French side. It would create a better sense of urgency for the french to cross and attack the UK since the terrain on their side entirely favors the France.

There are 3-4 main areas the French can use to ambush the advancing UK whereas the UK may only have 1 tenuous defensive position at best.

Offline Saris

• Master's Mate
  • Texas Poppin B
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: Saris
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:03 pm »
Urban maps please

Offline Czechu

• Petty Officer
  • Gefreiter, 3. Pułk Piechoty Xięstwa Warszawskiego
  • Nick: Czechu
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2017, 04:34:36 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

On this map each side will have only 1 12-gun ship, and unlimited ammount of 5-man boats. Or other set of vessels.
Similar map could be expanded to more points to conquer.
Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!
            |\
         _/]_\_
  ~~~"~~~~^~~

Offline Lord_Oliverzouch

• Petty Officer
  • For England... For His Majesty... For the 116th...
    • 116th Perthshire Regiment of His Majesty's Army
  • Nick: 116th_Oliver
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2017, 02:29:15 am »
Name your map: Deserted Ground
Map size: Large

I think i good idea for a map is: in the middle of the map is a long grassy flatland absolutely flat but with quite long grass knee heigh with a slightly raised road deviding ithe field in 2 and each end of the field is a long stretch of trees and small bushes scattered through out. And mabye a wheat field or very long grass for skirmishes to flank or hide. I want to make this map feel like a desilant quiet almost abandoned  setting. This is just a rough idea and of course you could add things but i like the idea of a this as it would make things very stratigic and you would have to think alot about what  to do.

Kind Reagrds,

116th_Lord_OliverZouch
Regards, Lord_OliverZouch

Offline johncage

• Ordinary Seaman
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2018, 07:03:12 pm »
look at the troop formations in the background. so far the maps are more geared towards skirmisher gameplay, but when bigger troop numbers are implemented, perhaps even with ai, cavalry, rockets, etc. you're going to need a lot of room to move around. i'd like to see more large scale maps that might be more empty or barren, but have a greater sense of scale

also, amazing how accurately this painter captured the lighting, especially the bluish gradients in the shadow. from the thumbnail it looked like a photograph

Offline Styngraven

• Landsman
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2018, 08:04:54 pm »
May i suggest both somewhat of a new mode and map. Perhaps to a large scale city, rivaling the size of Paris or London with the objective of the attackers to swarm through the streets to the capital building/citadel. It would be similar to capture the base but with certain positions through out the city, something similar to EA's battlefield and front games where taking specific areas drive the defenders back until they are finally driven to their final base and must hold the position till their timer runs out or their reinforcements are depleted.

I personally love the idea of of battling through the streets in a 17th & 18th century warfare sense. Similar to the fighting in the alleyways, streets, and rooftops like during the French Revolution.

Offline Samurai

• Server Administrator
  • Petty Officer
  • Nr.9 Korporal
    • Nr.9 Steam Group
  • Faction: Neutral
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2018, 09:07:18 pm »
de_rats in a child's bedroom with toys for cover. Like the child had the a few pieces left from his revolutionary war figures to set up the obstacles for the battle but ran out and had to use legos and stale doritos that he found under his bed. In the distance he there can be a tv playing an infinite loop of 2 people locked in melee combat going around each other in circles but never hitting each other.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:53:14 am by Samurai »

Offline TheProTaco

• Regiment Leaders
  • Midshipman's Mate
  • Nulli Secundus
  • Nick: [49th]Taco
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2018, 08:28:32 pm »
More maps with artillery positions but without any forts like Grassy Plains 2.

Running an event with artillery is extremely boring and repetitive as we go through about 4-5 maps on repeat.

Click the signature to go to my Steam profile!

Offline MrBeardM

• Able Seaman
  • Hi.
  • Nick: MrBeardM
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2018, 01:44:03 pm »
MAP: https://imgur.com/a/ZFmPgXK

Creator: MrBeardM
Possible name of the map: Lusitania
How much it took to create the map: Around 12 hours
Special thanks: BC1 regiment
More Info: -Flags can be changed ( british defend and france attacks/or you can put prussia too)
                     -If you don't know waht a thing is on the map please contact me.

-MrBeardM | BC1 regiment
                                                                                                                                                                         -Thanks for reading-

You Only Die Once, you get the chance to live every day.

Offline Refleax

• Anvil Game Studios
  • Purser
  • May good health be yours!
    • Holdfast: NaW
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Refleax
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2018, 05:54:22 pm »
MAP: https://imgur.com/a/ZFmPgXK

Creator: MrBeardM
Possible name of the map: Lusitania
How much it took to create the map: Around 12 hours
Special thanks: BC1 regiment
More Info: -Flags can be changed ( british defend and france attacks/or you can put prussia too)
                     -If you don't know waht a thing is on the map please contact me.

-MrBeardM | BC1 regiment
                                                                                                                                                                         -Thanks for reading-

Great concept! Will certainly keep it in mind.

Thanks.

Facebook     |        Twitter     |        Community Discord