Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Please copy Mount&Blade Warbands Napoleonic Wars Combat 1:1  (Read 7935 times)

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: Please copy Mount&Blade Warbands Napoleonic Wars Combat 1:1
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 12:10:51 am »
Yeah and not those filthy kicks and chambers etc or these epileptic retarded feints...

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 12:12:01 am »
Yeah and not those filthy kicks and chambers etc or these epileptic retarded feints...
From what I've been told chambering was the result of a bug within Warband's melee system and wasn't supposed to be there to begin with. Kicking is just a douche thing to do anyway and pretty stupidly funny if you pull it off.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 12:13:00 am »
Blocking, how about remove that, have a combat more based around knocking the enemies thrust out of the way, well for bayonet v bayonet combat at least. Blocking up & down to stop yourself from being stabbed always felt weird in Warband.

I think that a new shooting system is a must, the melee system I didn't mind but a new one could be even better, depends on the direction they go I guess
Perhaps bodies being able to soak up projectiles as they fall to the ground and where they fall? It would make columns more effective for charging.

I like the idea of bodies being able to soak up projectiles and just behaving like an entity rather than just being a visual thing.
Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline Mason

• Chaplain
  • Nick: Mason
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 12:13:23 am »
Blocking, how about remove that, have a combat more based around knocking the enemies thrust out of the way, well for bayonet v bayonet combat at least. blocking up & down to stop yourself from being stabbed always felt weird in Warband.
How would it feel weird? The only other way to stop another player from killing you would be to dodge their attacks which most of the time would result in you dying, or to chamber them in which you didn't time it right you were dead. Blocking, in my opinion, is a necessity to at least make the melee balanced.

the skill ceiling in warband / NW was so high because of its melee system ,NAW should pay homage to it a little

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 12:13:49 am »
Blocking, how about remove that, have a combat more based around knocking the enemies thrust out of the way, well for bayonet v bayonet combat at least. Blocking up & down to stop yourself from being stabbed always felt weird in Warband.

I think that a new shooting system is a must, the melee system I didn't mind but a new one could be even better, depends on the direction they go I guess
Perhaps bodies being able to soak up projectiles as they fall to the ground and where they fall? It would make columns more effective for charging.
Would help save a guy behind another one who got shot, not just have the bullet phase through the body like in NW lel
I like the idea of bodies being able to soak up projectiles and just behaving like an entity rather than just being a visual thing.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.

Offline Wigster600

• Master's Mate
  • Propagator of Norf' Fascism
  • Nick: John/Wigster600
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:08 am »
Blocking, how about remove that, have a combat more based around knocking the enemies thrust out of the way, well for bayonet v bayonet combat at least. blocking up & down to stop yourself from being stabbed always felt weird in Warband.
How would it feel weird? The only other way to stop another player from killing you would be to dodge their attacks which most of the time would result in you dying, or to chamber them in which you didn't time it right you were dead. Blocking, in my opinion, is a necessity to at least make the melee balanced.
I'm thinking more in a real life scale, you and your opponent have a long, narrow, pointy object. He thrusts at you with his long, narrow, pointy object. The long, narrow, pointy object in your hand, doesn't have enough surface area to block it, hence you use your long, narrow, pointy object to knock the opponents long, narrow, pointy object in another direction to prevent it from stabbing you.

I'd like to have something other than warbands directional phase-shields.

4 ninjas.
"It's all shits and giggles, until somebody giggles and shits." - Anon
"It's not personal, it's general. Therefore it includes you." - Al Murray

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 12:14:58 am »
Immersive projectile soaking bodies are epic. Just like in skyrim etc but then better.

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 12:15:07 am »
So in simple terms parrying?

Offline Wigster600

• Master's Mate
  • Propagator of Norf' Fascism
  • Nick: John/Wigster600
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 12:15:53 am »
Pretty much.
"It's all shits and giggles, until somebody giggles and shits." - Anon
"It's not personal, it's general. Therefore it includes you." - Al Murray

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:21 am »
That would be a interesting thing to see or be able to do, however blocking I feel should still be in the game.

Offline TheBakerUK

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Nick: TheBakerUK
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:31 am »

Would help save a guy behind another one who got shot, not just have the bullet phase through the body like in NW lel

rip
Ex-77y Corporal | Ex-3rdKGL Major (Napoleonic Wars)

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 12:16:35 am »
or implementing an heavy attack that takes a lot of stamina but does a lot of damage. Sort of
Would be nice

Offline Mason

• Chaplain
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 12:17:14 am »
or implementing an heavy attack that takes a lot of stamina but does a lot of damage. Sort of
Would be nice

getting into the whole batman arkham /witcher style combat then :/

Offline DΛRKWΛVΣ

• Surgeon
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 12:19:30 am »
Well I don't think you could stab a lot of times with the same hard strength in reality life so it would be more immersive.

Offline Mason

• Chaplain
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 12:20:29 am »
Well I don't think you could stab a lot of times with the same hard strength in reality life so it would be more immersive.

i honestly think the NW style is fine ,you put the hours in ,you get good,simple as, no special attacks or combo moves etc :D