Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Give in-game admins ability mute players from ingame chat(s) and other things.  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
  • Faction: British Empire
  • Nick: Gurkha
1. Give in-game admins ability mute players from ingame chat(s). - Whilst we can't stop toxicity from seeping into the forums (as it is starting to happen). Give admins the ablility to stop players from talking in team/global chat, temporally or perm. 

2. Blacklist words/player names, - Give server admins/owners the ability to censor out anything offensive being typed in the game chats in case it was not seen by admins. Also prevent players with intentionally offensive names from joining a server. 

Offline lonedoge

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Waterford
  • Faction: French Empire
Yes please

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
Yes please

yesh pls

2/3 of all my admining in game servers ends up with dealing something offensive/discussed in the game chat. 

Asking people to change a name like "kill_all_*******" and them replying "why?" is also a pain.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:30:30 am by Gurkha »

Offline lonedoge

• Ordinary Seaman
  • Waterford
  • Faction: French Empire
I think having a global ban list would be good aswell to stop things like betty coming back

Offline Nurdbot

• Surgeon's Mate
  • Just another old snoddy
Both good ideas, I also strongly suggest a server option to enable a filter that instead censors curses and other nasty words with witty gentleman insults and slang from the era instead.

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
Both good ideas, I also strongly suggest a server option to enable a filter that instead censors curses and other nasty words with witty gentleman insults and slang from the era instead.

I meant to say filters. Perhaps a auto ban system for chat spammers, people using blacklisted words/names too many times.

Offline GodEmperorTitus

• Standing Officer
  • SjtMaj 32nd Regiment
  • Nick: Titus
Agreed. The admin tools for M&B servers are... minimalist, to say the least. A proper set of tools would go a long way to creating a better community in game.

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • Barely legal
  • Faction: Prussia
  • Nick: Midnight
This is ultimately a fantastic idea I couldn't agree more as an NW event hoster.
Manager of the Regimental Information account. Contact me if you wish to help with the project.
If you need to contact me, add me on Steam.

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
I have more ideas, I might just put them all here.

Offline Gurkha

• Midshipman's Mate
  • 33rd_Gurkha
    • 33rd Regiment of Foot
This is ultimately a fantastic idea I couldn't agree more as an NW event hoster.
I am full of fantastic ideas.