Anvil Game Studios

Author Topic: Random generated maps  (Read 567 times)

Offline Bear

• Able Seaman
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Bear
Random generated maps
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »
Will there be randomly generated maps like in NW? will these maps include bigger portions of water, perhaps lakes or oceans? Will these maps include ships within the water if there is water? Will the map generation be on level ground so during battles the admins don't have to change the map 80 times to find one that's suitable for combat? If there are random generated maps which will be included? Like deserts, snow, forests? My biggest fear is a random generation system that M&B NW has because you get some god awful maps on that.

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
  • Faction: British Empire
Re: Random generated maps
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 12:32:18 pm »
Sounds like a cool idea,
I'm thinking since it is a randomly generated map it would be pretty hard to generate the boats/ships without some sort of crash/bug going down, What came into my head when I read this is what they could do for a -Random Generated Ocean Battle- is basically as NW has it has names for the random maps *Random Desert* so what I was thinking is they could have the exact same but if it is a ocean map with a sea battle it could indicate that it will randomly generate boats *Random Ocean/Ships see that was an example, but as said before I'm sure that might be not possible to do that as their will be a high chance of the boats bugging out and or glitching.
For the ground level one, that is a tricky question as said before some official maps may have hills/mountains in them which would lead to a random generation in them for maps so I don't see this being a feature where you can randomly generate a ground level map.  :-X But I may be completely wrong here, so lets wait for a developers say!

Offline Midnight

• Regiment Leaders
  • Master
  • What am I doing with my life
  • Faction: Neutral
  • Nick: Midnight
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:42 pm »
Or have a specific map labeled random flat map (desert,plains,snow,etc) and have it be flat with little hills lol
General Support for Warlance Game Servers | 8th Member for Holdfast. Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/midnooter/

Rest in Peace 18e

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 12:59:53 pm »
Or have a specific map labeled random flat map (desert,plains,snow,etc) and have it be flat with little hills lol
Yea but if they would've done that why not do it to NW?
That's the whole point of "Random" meaning It's gonna generate what it wants too.

Offline Wigster600

• Standing Officer
  • Propagator of Yorkshire Fascism
  • Nick: John Cooper
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 01:04:56 pm »
Hopefully if the game has a random map generator, the parameters for map generation are limited at realistic levels.
"It's all shits and giggles, until somebody giggles and shits." - Anon
"It's not personal, it's general. Therefore it includes you." - Al Murray

Offline Blaze

• Server Administrator
  • Master's Mate
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 01:06:58 pm »
Hopefully if the game has a random map generator, the parameters for map generation are limited at realistic levels.
Indeed.

Offline SirJames

• Petty Officer
  • I am the leader of the 85é
  • Faction: French Empire
  • Nick: [85e]SirJames
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 06:09:19 am »
Sounds like a good idea but maybe instead of like nw there's a height limit and hill limit, lol.